4 Berth, 2000 Mercedes 6Mtr

wikstarr, Apr 16, 3:08am
Sprinter Tiptronic Turbo Diesel Motorhome.

Having trouble starting up.Sometimes it goes first pop, other times it takes 3-4 goes.May be a fault with electronics.!Need suggestions on where to get it serviced/looked at in the Wgtn region.Any suggestions please! TIA

intrade, Apr 16, 4:06am
cdi! or what engine

intrade, Apr 16, 4:25am
also better explenation as to how it takes 3 to 4 goes. does it go click click click wreeeeewe- broom . or what!

wikstarr, Apr 16, 4:41am
Sorry, I think its cdi 313 engine.It doesn't make any noise (when it doesnt start) no click/wreee/broom, nada.But sometimes when you jimmy the gear stick you can't get it to start.if your lucky.

intrade, Apr 16, 6:30am
hmmthey go all tied in to one place like a railway station. for example when you got a short on your heated rear view mirror it can cause it to not start.
I would look what is likely getting shaked up when you wriggle the gearstick.obd 2 scan also. I recall they had huge problems with no starting on the cdi with automatic start stop engine feature.

robbief, Apr 16, 8:49am
you have to have it in nutural. turn the key right back to off then turn it all the way to start.thay have all sorts of lockups in the system.if everything is not right thay wont start.you may have to put your foot on brake and turn key on and of to get nutural.

robbief, Nov 5, 4:56pm
yes thats in the instructions on the sun visor telling how to put it in nutural