1990 190e mercedes key wont turn ignition!. Helpi have a 1990 190e mercrdes and the key i think has been grinded down just a lit

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:02am
HELP.i have a 1990 190e mercrdes and the key i think has been grinded down just a little and now the key wont turn the ignition it only unlocks the doors. the passengers door opens fine but the drivers door needs a little jigaling to get the key in to unlock it i think this is the reason for the key being grinded down but what would be the best and cheapest way of getting the car going again i was thinking if possible taking the passengers door key hole out and seeing if a locksmiths could get another key cut with that. any suggestions!

cuda.340, Jan 6, 12:04am
if it's a genuine key a locksmith can make you one from the # etched into the key body.

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:06am
were would the # be etched onto the key i knw theres a short name engraved on the top the keyit also still has the plastic cover still on the top

cuda.340, Jan 6, 12:13am
has your key got the Mercedes emblem on it!

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:19am
im possitive it has a small mercedes emblem aswel as a small word printed aswell im not hme at the moment but im positive it does

next-to-normal, Jan 6, 12:23am
try some oil in the locks

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:28am
i have tryed a litle crc in the ignition and nothing worked

next-to-normal, Jan 6, 12:32am
oil works better,sewing machine oil would do,

granada, Jan 6, 12:32am
Are you sure you arnt fighting the steering lock, try turning the wheel a bit to take the pressure off it and jiggle the key at the same time.

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:36am
ive tryed that for aprox 4hours still nothing the steering hasnt even locked and ive tryed to lock the steering and cant i probably would have had a better chance if it were locked cheerz granada.

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:50am
thanks mate ive saved it 2 watchlist cheerz. would u be able to tell me what the cable is that screws it2 the left side of the ingition its showen it that barrell you have just put up aswell cheerz mate

tarnz145, Jan 6, 12:55am
would any1 know if a 1991 ingnition barrell would fit a 1990 for the 190e model cheerz.

granada, Jan 6, 12:58am
The seller in the auction sounds like a car wrecker, He should know if the the two years are the same, ask a question on his listing. Other posters here may know

tarnz145, Jan 6, 1:00am
cool thanks mate

next-to-normal, Jan 6, 1:05am
might be lock
yeah 90s fit
here is a manual online
http://modtech.us/downloads/Merc.zip

elect70, Jan 6, 1:25am
Before spending $ on new lock ,Just take it to locksmithhe will tell you if he can copy it . You dont have a big bunch of keys hanging onkeyring , that canstuff upignition locks .