91 subi justy any good

inkapuka, Apr 8, 12:05pm
Need sumfing cheap on gas found one local and seems ok but are they reliable!

intrade, Apr 8, 12:07pm
not loads of these on the roads i think . dont know if it is reliable but parts might be hard to find ! seems there are some in the south island more then north.

inkapuka, Apr 8, 12:14pm
Its only done 90 sumfn thousand ks new prety much everyffing

inkapuka, Apr 8, 12:15pm
(#366089944)

jasongroves, Apr 8, 12:20pm
'Thing' doesn't have an f in it.

jono2912, Apr 8, 12:20pm
What do you want the car for!

jono2912, Apr 8, 12:21pm
Can't teach them all.

foxdonut, Apr 8, 12:36pm
It'll either go forever, or catch fire immediately. 50/50 I'd say. How's your luck!

inkapuka, Apr 8, 12:58pm
Project car mayb drop a turbo in it run it on 5 psi pull Round 100 bhp its been done youtube lol i dunno just all my previous cars have been thirsty and the way fuel is at the mo wud be good option, put a pod filter and a big bore lower it tint it out nana racer lol rice cooker aah nah id probly never do that to a 1300cc box stuf that abit like the old honda city turbo

rta777, Apr 8, 1:33pm
"We're taking this car to Invercargill boy.!" ;)Hmm, the car looks pretty straight, has low kms for the age, Justys are, relatively, economical (up to 48mpg/17km per litre) and the 4WD would be super useful down your ways. Just don't have a crash - they are built very light.The Dog and Lemon Guide says: Avoid + worth around $900. But they are super-critical about most cars. I suggest: check for rust and mechanically - especially the 4WD system and. be cheeky - ask him to throw in his other Justy for that price and then any parts issues are solved as well.Good luck with what ever you decide. :)

sxcstar, Apr 8, 2:32pm
Had a look at that car the other day, is no way near worth the $2000 he is asking $1300 max is what I would pay, plus they are getting hard to get parts for as there isnt many of them out there. Sold one for my Grandfather middle of last year, 1994 1 owner from new, 70,000km near new condition for $2000, just to show what they are worth.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 8, 8:42pm
I actually quite like the old Justy's but $2000 is a joke. You can buy LOADS more car than that for your money. You could get a tidy Punto for that sort of money which is easy for parts and generally a lot more car while just as economical. No 4WD though.

If you really want 4WD wait for a cheaper Justy.

intrade, Apr 8, 8:46pm
any car with a wof is now 2 grand worth especially ones whom use less fuel.
rest gets crushed these days as it to expensive. seen new mercs subarus mitsis audi all on back of trucks stacked on top of each othergoing to crusher.

intrade, Apr 8, 8:51pm
seen a small car REDsubaru or suzuki early 90 model for 1600$ at a garage on state higway one west coast past huntly bout 50k from huntly towards waitomo. and was thinking thats cheap compaird to what food costs said new wof i think but not sure

phillip.weston, Apr 8, 8:59pm
Yep gone are the days of $500 WOF & reg cars, but I still think $1000-1500 can get you something fairly tidy with a WOF & reg. $2000 for a poxy Justy is just a joke, it's not even a partcularly tidy example, he couldn't even wash & vac it for the pictures. It may be cheap to run, but what use is paying $1000 more for a car in order to save $10 a week on fuel! I would do as Jazz suggests, find a late 90s car with many safety features like air bags and ABS for $2000 which would be nearly as economical.

topper, Apr 8, 9:10pm
We had a 1300 justy many years back. It got too small as the kids grew.It had a soft sincro in the manual box, but basically no other faults. The 4wd was superb when travelling on gravel roads.At that time (probably 10 years ago) parts were available, but you had to know where to look.The growl of the superb little 3 cylinder engine always appealed to me, as much as any 1300 cc motor can appeal to a reasonable red blooded male.

Good luck in your quest!

johnf_456, Oct 11, 6:10pm
Yup noticed that myself currently looking for a new run around car at the moment, the odd issue is fine with it but the money people want for some heaps!