Will my mags fit a Ford Territory. specs.

2boysmum, Apr 7, 8:32pm
235/40 90W on 18" mags.Will these fit or be too small!Stud pattern is the same.

skin1235, Apr 7, 8:37pm
one more measurement required, depth, there is some technical name for it but basically you need to know how far the rim sits in from the flange face
each model car has an optimum and the rims are manufactured to suit, to fit a different type will cause an effect on steering, cornering, and braking
worst case scenario they will rub on a body part or suspension part and rip the tyre to shreds, but if too shallow will cause understeer and lateral drag under brakes

2boysmum, Apr 7, 8:41pm
hmmm. where do I find this measurement!

1fordluva, Apr 7, 8:46pm
The offset is the one you want,its stamped on the inside of the rim.
Fish aka mellissa2000 was telling me a while back something about the offset having to be correct or the tyres can hit the struts causing a knocking and bad vibration.

skin1235, Apr 7, 9:33pm
you may have to do it the hard way, take a wheel off each vehicle, lay them face up on the drive and measure from the drive to the inner face of where it bolts to the car, if they are both the same then chances are it will fit without fouling anything
if they are different then you may have an issue, if your mags measure more than the territory ones you'd run the risk of them fouling suspension once fitted, if they are less you'd run the risk of different braking and steering characteristics ( and could be stressing components in the territory), also run the risk of fouling the guards when turning, especially on changing surfaces ( entering driveways, carparks etc,) tyres will not appreciate that sort of treatment, they will eventually fail or be rendered useless

skin1235, Apr 7, 9:38pm
the purist will say that is an incorrect way to measure the rims offset, because the rim will not be in contact with the driveway surface - only the sidewall of the tyre will be
but it is that sidewall that will contact other objects under the vehicle
the method above to compare from 2 different vehicles will at least tell you yay or nay
if we knew what vehicle you have, and if they were correctly fitted rims for it then we could possibly find the manufacturers specs
we would than have to assume that the rims are to spec
two wheels side by side to compare takes a lot of assumption and guesswork out of it

2boysmum, Apr 8, 4:27am
They are off a XR6 BA falcon (2005).Were fitted by a mag place.

mr40cal, Apr 8, 6:31am
at a stab a regular territory is on 235/60R17 Goodyear Forterra
your 235/40R18 tyres gonna be around 3 inches shorter, or approx 1.5 inches further away from the guard for a start.When your road speed is 90km your speedo will read around 100km.A pretty common load rating of a 235/40R18 is 95 which is 690kgs per tyre - the tyre a regular territory comes out with is 102 which is 160kgs more per tyre - so nah those tyres wont suit would be my recommendation

2boysmum, Oct 10, 5:09pm
Thank you. thought it would be a long shot.