Ford Territory. Anyone have opinions on whether these are good to buy or not daughter is looking at one at a car dealer anyone k

mike547, Oct 1, 5:57am
anyone have opinions on whether these are good to buy or not. Daughter is looking at one at a car dealer. anyone know what it would cost for 2nd hand tyres for one, Thanks

grangies, Oct 1, 6:00am
If it is at a car yard, it should not need tyres.

franc123, Oct 1, 6:02am
Good grief, why second hand tyres!If someone can afford a Territory they can afford decent new tyres for it, they're a large heavy vehicle that needs decent rubber on it.

mugenb20b, Oct 1, 6:04am
Looking at buying a thirsty car for over $15k and you are asking about the price of second hand tyres!

ntalke, Oct 1, 6:07am
Perhaps he wants to do burnout's

mellisa2000, Oct 1, 7:17am
The Territory is a good vehicle for an SUV type. They have good power, great torque for towing and are not as bad on gas as people would have you believe. They have good on road manners, and drive very well. They are a remarkably practical vehicle, and as they tend to devalue reasonably fast when sold new, can be a good value for money vehicle.
Don't get S/H tyres, if you buy the vehicle and it needs tyres, build the tyres into the deal, or buy the vehicle on the proviso they fit new tyres. Expect to pay $2-300 per tyre. The yard has to sell with new wof, but will skimp if tyres "Just pass".
Fish.

200sx, Oct 1, 7:47am
And chances are if it isnt a reputable factory dealership they would just put on the cheapest Linglong or Triangle suv tyres, which are rubbish anyway. But seriously, if the cost of tyres is front of mind now, look for another vehicle. Running costs, especially correct dealer servicing will come at a cost. And a Territory isn't a vehicle you want to skimp on.

unbeatabull, Oct 1, 7:56am
I'd go for one of the SY model Territory's myself, the newest Territory out only has the Diesel in 4wd and is considerably more gutless then the last model petrol and turbo petrol models.

They are a nice car to drive, not the best looking SUV around but for practicality, reliablility and driveability would have to be one of the best on the market.

a1modifications, Oct 1, 7:45pm
rust. stay away. dont kick the lf trim by your passengers feet. sets off a fuel cut and car wont start. ive worked on plenty, driven plenty and in my opinion they are absolute pieces of shit through and through. stay well clear of them

unbeatabull, Nov 30, 5:18pm
How many have you actually driven and worked on!

Other then front balljoints on earlier models (Which are now covered under a recall anyway) and the odd rear balljoint and sway bar links, there isn't really anything that goes wrong on them. Can't say I've seen any major rust issues that are consistent through more then one example.

If looking at a SX or SY Territory, things to check are that the heater works on hot and cold and vent direction etc works, is a big job to fix other wise, and just make sure all susp joints are up to WOF Standard.