Cars faster than bikes

Page 2 / 3
wrong2, Apr 5, 8:09am
if you were given that car, do you think you would get from invercargill to kaitaia faster than a 15 thousand dollar jap bike !

1fordluva, Apr 5, 8:16am
For sure,I can still see where you turned me on.my nut marks on your chin.

neo_psy, Apr 5, 8:18am
Fellas, fellas. What is this!
Shouldn't we be united against cyclists and horse riders instead of squabbling amongst ourselves!

Focus. Please.

1fordluva, Apr 5, 8:20am
I was on focused on his chin ha ha ha

gunhand, Apr 5, 8:21am
There are a few cars that will out perform superbikes for sure. BUT, these cars are not in the grasp of joe average where as a Hayabusa (one example only) can be had for less than 10k and on the right day will hit over 300kph. Now you wont be comfortable doing that for long but it will get there. What car for less than 10k unmodified will do 300kph!
Some cars also out perform bikes on the track to but useually by a nats whisker and the bike is a stock item or a cup type bike. I just watchednot long ago a near stock BMW 1000 s superbike have a go with a supercar round a track and the bike lost, just. But I have yet to see a moto GP bike with a suitable rider take on a supercar.
There are very few production cars that from a standing start will out perform a bike to a certain speed.
I till say bang for buck a bike wins but sure the cars shown were quicker.

wrong2, Apr 5, 8:27am
ah yes - the mature & sensible fordluva

"look look guys, isnt this great!"

"err yeah, they are being stupid, im actually a bit disturbed by it to be honest fiatracer"

loving how you deal with that being pointed out

trendy_kaff, Apr 5, 8:44am
probably about 5x the weight too.[im guessing]

1fordluva, Apr 5, 8:50am
I was pointing at you,ha ha cmon its not on the street in our country.
More enjoyment at looking at the cars and the crying bike.
You dont contribute much in here any way wrong2.
Oh except fpr "pointing people out.

wrong2, Apr 5, 10:41am
& because of that, my posts dont look like brownnosing

"bit disturbing"

foxdonut, Apr 5, 10:51am
If i were given that car I'd have better things to do with my time than go to Kaitaia. Regardless where I was going, I could take a passenger, and even some luggage, in the rain, while listening to music and smoking a cigarette.

And I could still go to Ehra Liessen and do 413/km/h.

Edit - I also have airbags and a reinforced carbon crash cell instead of some poly foam and plastic shell protecting me from becoming a vegetable if I hit a cats eye too fast.

topcat2006, Apr 5, 12:34pm
you got that from NZH!

klrider, Apr 5, 7:47pm
Issues!

ct9a, Apr 5, 8:32pm

gunhand, Apr 5, 8:54pm
Edit - I also have airbags and a reinforced carbon crash cell instead of some poly foam and plastic shell protecting me from becoming a vegetable if I hit a cats eye too fast.

Edited by foxdonut at 11:04 pm, Mon 4 Apr

Yes Im sure your reinforced carbon shell will be quite safe when you crash at over 300kph let alone 413kph.

And you can take a passanger with luggage in the rain and have an air bag on a bike and in your jacket if you wish. And do you know how strong a decent helmet is!
Dosent matter what your in or on when you crash your internal organs do not stop moving when you impact something which is what kills you most of the time at high speed.

richard198, Apr 5, 10:13pm
Straight lines are boring.
The fun is in the corners.
Any fool can drive fast in a straight line.

richard198, Apr 6, 2:54am
That women drivers clip was hilarious!

antz91, Apr 6, 3:36am
That's a pretty cool vid even though they are racing on the streets.blimmin rich bastards.

chargerchick, Apr 6, 12:40pm
that bike wasn't even red lining full on!

framtech, Apr 6, 1:09pm
The difference is when its raining and with the wipers on and the heater going the car is still out gunning the bike at the top end and round every corner with five people in it.

plasticboys, Apr 6, 7:57pm
funny l went 10 sec's a lap faster on my 150cc bike around manfeild with my wife on the back than my mates turbo skyline lol

ninja_man, Apr 6, 8:04pm
must have been a really sh*t driverin the skyline then

plasticboys, Apr 7, 12:47am
he builds race cars for a living

ct9a, Apr 7, 12:48am
150cc bike beating a turbo skyline!

would a 150 do over 120kph!

plasticboys, Apr 7, 1:43am
135 is the best l'v got out of it and it was the full track at manfeild which is a bit trickyer. the thing is standard bikes out handle standard cars easy

ct9a, Apr 7, 5:19am
its a great track ,depends what vehicle standard and what bike too also
did you scrap ya knee pad!