Bloody 96 terrano stuck dipstick.

pdc1, Apr 4, 9:48pm
96 terrano with TD27T - going on a Roadie on Wednesday and thought I'd do the once over and check the oil. Probably been the first time in about 10 years and found I can't get the dipstick out. I've tried twisting it, levering it up to the point that it is bending the clamp near the top of the tube. Don't want to go any harder, as I don't want to cause the tube to leak where it goes into the Block. It looks like a prick of a place to get to if this happens. Anyone got some advice how to get it unstuck. I've wondered about heating it and melting the rubber, or about chopping it off about inch down. Anyone got any other ideas, or even another clever way to check the oil.
I thought I might change it, so I know that it is full. How much oil do these hold! However I really need to sort the dipstick as it has 250k clicks on it now and I should probably start checking oil occasionally. I was sort of expecting the first problem to happen soon to this vehicle after 11 years, but didn't expect this type of problem!

electro2000, Sep 30, 12:15am
try heating the top of the tube all they have is thatcast typealloy grip then they have a cable type dip stick they have an o ring which has probably swelled up in the tube as well as a bit of corrosion between the alloy and the steel tubeI would grip the top of dip stick with vice grips and the tube with another pair and twist it off
I have noticed some times one of mine takes a bit of a yank to pull it out if i have not
looked at it for a while

oil with new filter is 5.5 litres or a little over