Who's a good mechanic in Rotorua to use?

dex250, Mar 11, 3:44am
Preferably someone who doesn't see you coming & charge the earth, but does a good job & someone who gets it done within the week you take it in. Dont want to be waiting weeks to get repairs done when they need to be carried out as we have a family of 8 & a business to run.

tadpole7, Mar 11, 3:49am
ash mansell riri street,as straight as they come and a first rate mechanic,i say this as a long time satisfied customer

richardmayes, Mar 11, 3:51am
Laurie Kerr, Kerr Automotive in Old Taupo Rd.

(Although you will find that he, like most mechanics, is unfortunately in the position where he has to put some of his other customers' cars back together before he can start work on yours!)

dex250, Mar 11, 4:04am
Cool, keep them coming. They also need to be able to do WOF's, but I think most if not all mechanics do anyway don't they! We have a car due for one soon

grangies, Mar 11, 4:10am
Go for a big and busy workshop.

They get big and busy, through years of repeat clientèle and growth through being recommended for good workmanship.

rod525, Mar 11, 4:31am
Rangi's WOF & Hangi.

barrie2, Mar 11, 6:09am
Ralph's Auto Shop, Hyland Cres. View Road. Serviced my L200 for 20 years. Good bloke, fair prices, lovely receptionist - Sue.haha.

supernova2, Mar 11, 10:44am
I know Ralph.never had to use his services (do my own work) but I'd say hed would have to be one of the best shops around.

a65, Mar 11, 12:05pm
autosport kevins the guys name its out of town in waikite valley but hes worth it ive dealt with him for over 17 years.

dex250, Mar 11, 7:50pm
Thanks, we live in Waikite Valley but I wont use Kevin. He might be good, but it took him far too long to do relatively simple repairs on our van & the bill was astronomical according to our old mechanic, so would rather use someone more reliable in town.

fourinarow, Mar 11, 9:44pm
I have been using Ash Mansel for many years, no problems at all. Go there for my WOFs to

a65, Mar 12, 2:51am
pay penuts get monkeys . hes no rip off artist .use your old mechanic if he thinks he can do it for cheaper.

dex250, Mar 12, 3:46am
Hes in another town hence the reason we want to find a mechanic closer. I might try Ash Mansel

smurf.5, Mar 28, 9:18am
Def agree with Kerr's Automotive, they are so great there! Really honest mechanics!

guest, Jul 8, 11:55pm
x1
Bernie at auto service centre hyland cres was just soooo kind and helpful to a family of out of towners. Can't recommend them highly enough :-) thanks also to ralphs for suggesting them.