Advice pls! Do I upgrade my car or just stick with

Page 2 / 2
ozz1, Jan 29, 2:24am
yes.keep the GOOD car you already have.and if you have the extra money. treat yourself to a holiday. or better stillpay off any debts you have. if any.!dont worry about small dents. or colour. just buy some new sunglasses and get a cd player ftted by one of your friends. just remember . cars are for getting you from A 2 B.and back again. they should NOT be a status symbol.!

owene, Jan 29, 2:31am
Try harder.

1millie, Jan 29, 5:34am
Thanks for all the positve and very sensible suggestions.
so. I have cleaned the beast inside and out today, bought some new wheel trims, blacked the tyres, put a new steering wheel cover on and bought a new CD/radio to be installed sometime this week.
I think we will be very happy together for quite a few more ks and I will invest the money in the kitchen or bathroom renovations instead!
Oh, and maybe have a wee holiday later when its cold lol

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 29, 5:43am
Well done on proving you're a sensible adult.

1millie, Jan 29, 5:55am
haha, sometimes!

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 29, 6:02am
Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is not.

skull, Jan 29, 6:03am
And well done TM posters on giving sensible advice.

vtecintegra, Jan 29, 6:22am
Unnecessary until you need them in which case they may well save your life.

Not just talking about airbags and electronic nannies either - the crash structure of a 2000s car like a Jazz is lightyears ahead of a 90s car like a Mirage (which was itself below average for its time)

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 29, 6:47am
How many times in their lifetime do people need them! For the vast majority of people, never.

IMO their value is far outweighed by their cost. If you're really that worried, the prudent choice is to simply take the bus.

richynuts, Jan 29, 7:09am
Iagree,however if I wasdoing 50,000+ kms a year highway driving airbags ABS etc would definitely be a must.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 29, 7:23am
Yes, in that scenario I would also consider them more valuable.