What do u think of these brake pads? "Police Spec"

Page 1 / 2
a.woodrow, Feb 7, 1:50am
We always fitted standard brake pads to police vehicles as per service recommendations while I worked for Holden. I think they've made up something to sell their pads

desmodave, Feb 7, 1:54am
dont look any bigger than the norm to me.wouldnt the compound just be more aggresive

clairewithi, Feb 7, 1:54am
Thanks for that. Would you be able to answer this for me!

I have juddering when braking and have been told to replace the front brake pads and have the rotors skimmed. I have been told to use a good heavy duty quality brake pad to prevent future juddering. Any recommendations!

bjmh, Feb 7, 2:14am
depending on your vehicle model etc,its cheaper to replace rotors and pads together,shop around heaps of options.

clairewithi, Feb 7, 2:17am
Really! Under $400 for new rotors and pads plus labour! Not thinking this is likely. I have a 2005 Commodore Acclaim Sedan VZ

gmphil, Feb 7, 2:56am
Yup id do it for $200 .best by parts ur self in take shop hour labour should get change for ya 4 hundy

drsr, Feb 7, 2:57am
x1
Elwood: Its got cop shocks, cop tyres, cop brakes, cop engine, and the engine was designed pre catalytic converters so it will run ok on regular diesel. So, what do you say . is it the new Blues mobile!

Jake: Fix the lighter.

rsr72, Feb 7, 3:13am
It'll be the metal content in the material, suited for hard use.

jkm, Feb 7, 4:38am
The police spec pad definitely has more material to cover a larger area. Supercheap have a seperate stock code for them as well.

a.woodrow, Feb 7, 5:03am
You'll never get away from the shuddering unfortunately, It is pretty much guaranteed to come back with time. Using torque wrench when tightening wheels will help prevent, as will avoiding driving through puddles with hot brakes (good luck with avoiding that!)

r15, Feb 7, 8:28am
you will get away from it if your pads and rotors are new

gmphil, Feb 7, 8:43am
Think u need find new brake place

foxdonut, Feb 7, 12:44pm
"police spec" sounds like bullshit to me. The most a cop commodore has is a couple of extra coolers and a spare battery.

Cue stories about hearing a story about some small town police chief driving a worked over seven litre conversion etc.

The standard v6 goes and stops well enough for the job at hand.

bubbles244, Feb 7, 6:28pm
It's not hard to do your self, auto stop sold me Dba Gold slotted rotors for 95 each with pads.

fiatracer, Feb 7, 7:52pm
aah, DBA Gold slotted rotors. I bought two pairs for my MX5. Each pair lasted about 2 track days before they had loads of cracks

a.woodrow, Feb 7, 11:32pm
And it'll come back with time as it is a design fault

a.woodrow, Feb 7, 11:33pm
Think u need find how brake rotors get warped

gmphil, Feb 8, 12:30am
lol put a stupid comment expect to be put straight !

gmphil, Feb 8, 12:42am
wot is brake rotor lol

jkm, Feb 8, 4:41am
Try the Zenolli rotors from on here. We have some and had them red hot at a track day when we ran out of pads. New pads and a skim and they are as good as new.

treachug, Feb 8, 7:19am
Police spec is true.BT1 is the production option code
The factory police 'spec' front pads were different compound & larger pad material area - & standard discs.The cars also had quite a few other things fitted to them or deleted from them that set them apart from from standard Executives/Omegas.
The hot rod seven litre car rumour is not true.

studio1, Feb 8, 7:31am
Over the years I have heard that police vehicles (which are graded according to their capabilities and specifications) have quite a few mods - uprated suspension, custom ECU chips for more engine power, uprated brakes etc, Don't know how true it is of today's cars.
A mate bought an ex-MOT Falcon back in the 80s and it had those sort of upgrades done to it.

clairewithi, Feb 8, 8:49am
Commodore 9C1

2006 Holden VZ Commodore SVZ
The Commodore 9C1, or 'Police Pack', was a special pack for the VZ Commodore that was available to all police organisations in Australia, New Zealand and several in the Middle East. It was based on the Commodore Executive and added various specification upgrades to cater to the needs of police. Most 9C1s were delivered in white, but were also offered in other colours, normally used as unmarked vehicles.

It has features such as:
Traction control
4 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side)
Interior light with integrated map lights
Interior light lockout switch (Centre console mounted button, isolates glovebox light, boot and interior dome and map reading lights)
FE2 suspension
15x7" 'chaser' rims with 225/60/R15 tyres
Black coloured dash surrounds (standard VZ Commodore Executive had greyish coloured surrounds)
Front and rear power windows (standard VZ Commodore Executive only had front apart from higher models)
Limited slip differential
Sump protector guard
Larger higher capacity battery with 450 CCA and 115 min RC
Speedometer with 2 km/h (1 mph) increments marked
Two horns - standard 400 Hz horn plus a more powerful 450 Hz horn
ABS
Upgraded front brake pads (Bendix ultimate on front, PBR akebono on rear)
Additional Wiring Loom (supplying power for lights siren etc.)
Plus standard features of the VZ Commodore Executive

clairewithi, Feb 8, 8:50am
Anyway, got some new rotors and some good Bendix Ultimate pads for an amazing price. Thanks awesome mechanic who likes his job more than he likes making money.

klrider, Feb 8, 6:51pm
There is no such thing as Police Spec.