Brakes gone too the floor

Page 1 / 2
taryn9, Feb 10, 6:37am
Hi all just been bleeding up my brakes on hj holden. thought they were all pumped up untill i cranked it up then the pedal pushes straight to the floor.

mugenb20b, Feb 10, 6:40am
Did you bleed them by yourself!

rocky0169, Feb 10, 6:44am
air in the system

taryn9, Feb 10, 6:44am
nah nah done it the old fashoned way

poppajn, Feb 10, 6:51am
And that is!

bruceeeeee, Feb 10, 6:53am
try doing the bleed with the engine running

jmma, Feb 10, 6:53am
Um, what was the reason for bleeding the brakes!

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:00am
bled them normally. Two people no one man bleeder tool.

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:01am
Replaced brake pads and master cylinder as old one had jammed solid

jmma, Feb 10, 7:09am
Did you have the calipers off!

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:21am
yeap had them both off

jmma, Feb 10, 7:27am
Ok, check that you put then back on the right sides, IE bleeding nipple at top of caliper .
Another question, did you pull the pushrod out of the booster!

tonyrockyhorror, Feb 10, 7:30am
Did you press the pedal to the floor when bleeding! If so, you've quite likely just run the seal over a section of the M/C bore it never goes over and that's usually a pitted bit.

dante055, Feb 10, 7:30am
check that booster is sealed up and not sucking air

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:31am
yea theyre on the right side. nipple at the top. yeap pulled it out again just then too have a wee look.(can get master off quite easy without disconnecting anything)

intrade, Feb 10, 7:32am
you know that you need about 1.5 liter fluids to complet purge all air! bleeding left front right rear right front left rear .

toyboy3, Feb 10, 7:35am
clamp off each brake hose one at a time and check the pedal each time to find the problem

jmma, Feb 10, 7:35am
You may have dropped the rubber washer thats suppose to be on the end of it, have a look in and see if you can see it.

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:38am
Oh really! i always thought right rear, left rear, front left, front right.

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:39am
where does washer sit! between pedal and plunger!

panicky, Feb 10, 7:39am
I pays to bench bleed those m/cyls (or just do it at the pipes now it is bolted on).

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:44am
i started at the m/c and worked my way out. filling the calipers before i put them on and making sure there was pressure at the flexi hoses before fitting them to caliper.

intrade, Feb 10, 7:51am
what good is filling calipers lol you have to fill the filler bowl of the master and purge the fluids thru the system not trap air in between caliper and brake hoses. fillig caliper does squat when the air is sitting on the lines of the replaced master cylinder.

intrade, Feb 10, 7:56am
the reasons for your problem either you still got trapped air or your master cilinder has now stuffed seals and needs refurbishing that you claim you already did ( so if the master is not secoundhand ) or you got a leak somwhere like faulty brake drum cilinder . front brake caliper hardly ever leak or brake a seal.

taryn9, Feb 10, 7:59am
ahh. i see could be where ive gone wrong.