Mitsi libero. shuddering and stalling.

katelyn102, Feb 10, 8:10pm
94mitsi libero. will shudder and stall at low speed.
took the air filter out and that was fill of crap.
could that be the cause! or could it be something else.!
any thoughts!

mugenb20b, Feb 10, 8:25pm
How did it run without the air filter!

katelyn102, Feb 10, 8:32pm
havnt tried running it without the filter

mugenb20b, Feb 10, 8:33pm
Well, try it. If it's still suddering and stalling, then it won't be the air filter.

Although, I suspect you have a missfire. Oh, and is it petrol or diesel!

katelyn102, Feb 10, 9:36pm
yup tried it without the filter. seems to not miss to much now.
mate had quick look at it yesterday and said didn't think was sparks or leads but who knows. will take it out to a mates tomorow once i have another mate follow me incase the bloody thing dies again.
better be something small cause Im supposed to be traveling half way down the country on wed. wont be if cant fix the bugger. cheers. Oh and its petrol.2litre (well 1998cc i think they say) 4g93 engine soch.

it had been lagging on a few hills loosing a bit of power which it used to fly up but otherwise she's been running good. thought could also be shit in the fuel tank or shit fuel. friend put caltex fuel in it and thats when it started playing up. i've never liked caltex fuel always go to gull.like the smartfuel points but wish they had gull on board lol their fuel is better.

rellerion, Feb 10, 9:43pm
try looking at the throttle, might be clogged. spray it and/or check the gasket if its still in good condition.

grangies, Feb 10, 9:45pm
Our old Mercedes had the same problem and symptoms.

A new distributor cap fixed it in a jiffy.

Cost bugger all too.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 10, 9:48pm
If the air filter is so clogged when was it last serviced!
You should be servicing your car regularly and service does not mean just an oil change. My advice is do this now (Plugs, Air Filter, Oil and oil filter, fuel filter, transmission service, brake fluid change)

If you are on a budget do the air filter, fuel filter, engine oil and filter first, and before you leave.

If its still not running right then you can move on to diagnosing other problem area's.

katelyn102, Feb 10, 10:19pm
thanks guys. n thanks thejazz. yeah hasnt had a service for a while.
ill do the air filter,fuel filter n oil n filter change. (have spare oil filter in car so that cuts down that cost) just need the oil and fuel air filter now. will price them up at supercheap. thanks for ya help.

mbikeman1, Feb 11, 1:43am
isnt the 4g93 an 1800cc!

the-lada-dude, Feb 11, 1:55am
spark plugs are just forgotten about these days.
i bet you a pound note to a pinch of shit there buggered, which if left long enough will wreck the rest of the high tension circut.
them and air filters

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 3:10am
Fit new spark plugs and air filter. Clean out the throttle body with some carburettor cleaner. If you are not sure how, have a look at some videos on 'youtube'. Piece of piss.

n3d4sp3d, Feb 11, 7:01am
air fuel and oil filters will be a good start also plugs they cost bugger all you can get a set of ngk for no more than 30bux also get the timing checked it should be 5 degrees BDTC with brown connector located by fire wall bridged to ground, make sure your mate hasn't tried to get power out of it by playin with dizzy. also a faulty idle switch will cause it to hunt at dle because the computer does'nt no what the hell is going on with the throttle.