Holden VY Issues

_boo_, Feb 11, 1:19am
I have an 03 Holden VY Commy and its got a couple issues I wondered if anybody had experienced before and help me figure out whats wrong.

First one is that the SRS light wont turn off, I have taken it into Holden and they did something on the computer but it came back on. I took it back and they cleaned the plugs, about 2 hours later it came back on.

Second is that the fuel gauge isn't working, it says we always have between 3/4 and Full. Is there a simple fix for this! The problem did not show up on the diagnostic computer at Holden.

chevie, Feb 11, 1:54am
I had the SRS light in my vy stay on and had the computer plugged in to clear it a few times, found out it was the clock spring.

modie61, Feb 11, 2:23am
From memory the VY had a factory recall on fuel tanks including tank gauge units,i think i did quite a few

_boo_, Feb 11, 3:40am
I did a search and couldn't find anything about the VY recalled for fuel issues. We thought maybe the bobbing thing in the tank might be broken!

Just checked the sheets again and Holden said the SRS light was on due to a high voltage level in somewhere!

Has anyone experienced either of these!

kingfisher21, Feb 11, 3:57am
There definatly was a recall re the fuel guage, can't remember exactly but doing a reprogram of the ECU was part of the fix.

_boo_, Feb 11, 7:41am
Ohk, will talk to my Holden technician and see what he can do. :)