Mitsi Grandis low idle rate

oxfordst, Feb 12, 6:24am
Got a flat battery yesterday, had to jump start car and buy a new battery now the car almost stalls with no acceleration, idle rate drops below 500.Really handy at intersections!
Anyone know if this is a computer thing or got a quick fix for me - sick of spending money!

holdenboy11, Feb 12, 6:36am
I have the same problem with my Galant, after sitting at the lights for a while or idling up-hill.Kind of sounds like its going to stall as you said.I know that my car is supposed to use 98 octane petrol but it is only using 95 atm.

mugenb20b, Feb 12, 6:42am
Try cleaning out the throttle body, plenty of videos on youtube about it.

mugenb20b, Feb 12, 6:44am
You might want to get used to that, sorry to say.

bae13, Feb 12, 7:00am
most grandis are GDI and will have elctronic throttle, if you tru to clean it out dont push on the throttle butterfly to open it as you most likely will break it internally. take it off and do it that way.

if its not gdi, then you may possibly have an idle speed control motor fault. if after cleaning it is still wont idle. (disconnect battery when cleaning).

flybye_in_a_rx7, Feb 12, 7:23am
GDI im guessing. prob throtle body needs cleaning. since its only happened after the flat bat maybe pop in to mitsi and get them to do a reset. i had the same problem, a reset helped, then had 2take it back to 4 a throttle body clean

oxfordst, Feb 12, 8:20am
Thanks all.Will be off to the garage in the morning.

curlcrown, Feb 13, 2:40am
how far have you driven it. This is commen in mitsis when the battery goes dead flat. It will come right after a while if it was alraight before the battery went flat. You could try running it for a while with all electrics going. Fan all lights wind up and down all windows at the same time.

oxfordst, Feb 13, 5:52am
Cleaned Throttled Body - Ran car until warm - Disconnected battery for 1 min and reconnected - Car back to normal and it didn't cost a cent.THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

lusty9, Feb 17, 5:25am
same happened to my Grandis, take it for a long trip and the computer sorts itself out.

mugenb20b, Feb 17, 6:03am
Thanks for keeping us updated. Most people don't bother.