Who can suggest a good lpg discount card?

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 2:44am
i know there used to be the rockgas card but now that seems to be gone, replaced with contact energy card!, is this the best option! i'm not in business, i use about 100-odd litres p/week and currently don't use a card and pay $1:27 per litre as i go. thanks in advance for any info.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 2:45am
p.s. it's automotive lpg that i'm refering to.

tara101, Feb 13, 5:57am
Go to this website https://www.contactenergy.co.nz/web/findoutaboutgas/business/rockgas-fuelcard .
Ring the 0800 no. and with the litres you are using you should be able to Qualify for discount. Vanessa is the person to speak to.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 6:25am
cool, thanks, do you have first hand experience with said card!

tara101, Feb 13, 6:46am
I did use z energy and paid $1.10 a litre. They reviewed there pricing and increased me to 5cent below pump price. I use on average 420 litres a month. My rock gas card has not come through yet but it has being confirmed a I will pay about the same price. No problems when applying but speak to Vanessa . She was very helpful.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 7:02am
will do, thanks for your help.why did z review their price!-cos you asked them to!anything around $1:10 per litre seems WAY cheap to me anyway.

tara101, Feb 13, 8:11am
I asked Z energy the same Question, WHY, through there call centre. There operator could not answer the question. There is supposed to be a person higher up the ladder to call me about it. 6 weeks later and no phone call.

intrade, Feb 13, 8:23am
nothing new no one ever calls you back in this country its not just that company all dont call you back.

tara101, Feb 13, 8:35am
Agreed. Normal forcorporate culture. As a small business I would have any business if I didn't call back.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 9:21am
hey tara, thanks again but i'm still not clear as to whether your $1:10 was just your 'Joe public drive up off the street' price at the pump, or if that was because you asked them to sharpen their pencil and/or what was the deal with/reason behind the further (!)/5cent price drop (or was it THAT that resulted in the eventual (!) $1:10 price!, and was that using any discount card!

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 9:25am
(sorry to be a pain, but i'm keen to get to the bottom of this), what was it that you asked them "why" about!

p.s you must have a couple of lpg vehicles and/or large engines and/or do a fair old mileage to get thru that amount of the sweet-smelling wonder gas.

tara101, Feb 13, 9:51am
To qualify for the discount you have to use avolume amount of LPG and 400 litres per month seems to be the figure. I originally used Shell as they had the best deal at the time but when Z energy took over the deal changed. Their pump price in Hamilton is $1.33 so with there discount of 5 cents a litre I had a 18 cents increase.
I travel approx 50000 km a year and save around $2500 a year if compared to the current price of petrol.
At present I am changing vehicle and Rock gas offer a 12 month interest free loan to swap the gas unit into the new vehicle. This is normal for Rock gas to do this type of deal. If you have a gas installer in your area he will have all this information. My installer is communicating with Rock gason a weekly basis. Hope this helps.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 10:07am
so to get the discounted(!) price of $1:10 did you have to use some lpg card, or did you just ring them and say "i use 400+ litres.p/w, what kind of pay-as-i-go price will ya give me!" !, and/or.did you have to run an account for this!thanks again for.you time and effort to help.

tara101, Feb 13, 10:25am
They issue a fuel or lpgcard. You have the choice of paying fortnightly or monthly. As Ihave stated ring the 0800 no. on the web site and make sure you can give a accurate figure of your fuel usage. Should not be any problems. Rockgas is available from Mobil,Caltex and Challenge stations.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 10:47am
yep, i get all that, i'm just a little confused as it seems you were getting lpg for $1:10 p/l and got 5c p/l off another price and both of these BEFORE you got any card (!)-or was it with an old rockgas card and just happens to be BEFORE you get the new contact card!

tara101, Feb 13, 6:58pm
You can not get the discount unless you have a fuel card.If you pay as you go you will pay the price at the pump.I have always had a card and have never paid the pump price. Z energy reviewed there pricing and I believe it has affected a number of there customers, thats why I am changing to Rock gas.