Super tourers. Who went good crowd probably biggest ever at hd racing was good we dont needtony cocranes super cars just more su

twink19, Feb 19, 5:28am
who went! good crowd, probably biggest ever at HD, racing was good, we dont needTony Cocranes super cars just more Super Tourers, look as good and sound good

bamz1, Feb 19, 5:35am
why dont the fords use a 427 ford engine

stockyz, Feb 19, 5:36am
i went for the 3 days loved it! some good racing, great weather.The help i got from richard gee was awesome he organised an infield parking pass for me and my disabled son parked right on the fence. yup who needs the aussie v8s .

rsr72, Feb 19, 6:00am
Looked good on TV. 20,000 crowd.
Would be spectacular on Pukekohe.
Only problem; they're all the same.

bamz1, Feb 19, 6:06am
stink

ninja_man, Feb 19, 6:54am
how come they arent racing at pukekohe for the series!

twink19, Feb 19, 7:55am
they maybe all the same, with different badges, (same as Super Cars) but the racing was closer, I thought it was good.

hfc2, Feb 19, 8:24am
Absolute /bullshit, am i wrong or are all these cars either ford or holden running the same engine! ie holden, why ! must be the ford has it over them in torque and hp.

hfc2, Feb 19, 8:44am
you only have to listen to the fpr falcons in the supercars, ford v8,s the sound you cannot compare, sorry holden boys it is the firing order.

townie55, Feb 19, 8:55am
Just spoke to a family member who went Saturday and Sunday.Absolutely loved it.The cars were fast on the track and the crowd got into it.Well done HD on organising a good event.

myjg33, Feb 19, 8:57am
hell yes!they just dont sound rite,all sound like chevs(witch they are)

karlp2, Feb 19, 9:07am
Had today there, and was an awesome day.Nothing wrong at all with the sound of the new cars, and while the cars might be the same the skill level of the top guys saw them consistently getting away from the pack - so there is lots of learning to happen yet - definately looking forward to seeing more.

socram, Feb 19, 9:10am
Pleased it was a success - probably because it is not an MSNZ sanctioned series, but also because they attracted a field of top drivers, and it was well publicised.
Put the same cars on the track (and yes, they are identical under the skin) with club drivers and it would just be another one make class fielding 16 cars.
Pleased Murph won the first two (I haven't watched the end of race 3 yet.)
The weather helped and the advance ticket sales were also good.
What they now need to do is listen to any constructive spectator and competitor feedback and see if they can maintain the interest - that will be the real challenge.One swallow does not make a summer.

elect70, Feb 20, 12:54am
I was there , brilliant , better than watchingaussiesupercar roofs flashing past $100stand seat at Hamilton .Dont you lot pay attention, its NOT a holden vs ford battle its like NASCARgenericpartswithchoice of body .It attracted good cross section of spectators , everything was goodbutbit too much hype& delaybeforeraces(45 minutes ) Still 100% better thanNZ V8crap .Keep it up .

earthlink_inc, Feb 20, 1:22am
Only watched on TV but I was impressed to see genuine overtaking rather than the procession we normally see.

wizzbikz, Feb 20, 3:14am
This is as they have been telling us as close as you will get to supercars.
Motor= COTF
chassis= COTF
wheels & tyres = COTF
Rolling starts = thing from the past
5 wheel nuts = thing from the past
floor jacks=thing from the past
Its just one more little step Guys.
Did go and it was fantastic great sounds and racing and was good smurf didnt win all 3 races . Great one Ant,johnny & basher good result to a great race. Now they all need to sit down and read the rule book on RE starts= Johnny Reid that was your race.

stockyz, Feb 20, 3:30am
and the honda boys (and girl) had some great racing.Also enjoyed the sounds of the central muscle cars esp one wickedly fast white HQ

elect70, Feb 21, 4:11am
^^^ yep Shane sure aint scared to chuck it around, should have seen him at Manfeildplaying rally cross& driftingwith it

socram, Feb 21, 5:26am
I think we all like to watch someone hanging it out a bit.Watching Mark Parsons, Mal Clark, Bruce Manon and a few others is usually worth the entry fee and last year at HD, the last race for Muscle cars was a non-championship round and it was brilliant.
Often, we are so taken with the fastest guy winning a series, that they race seriously, (and smoothly) which is why ours is somewhat random by virtue of 100% handicap racing and a couple of the aforementioned can use up old rally rubber!
The guy in the ex-Dauntsey Teagle Leyland P76 at the BMW festival was giving it some too.

twink19, Feb 21, 7:07am
the guy in the P76 was a menace on the track, dangerous in fact

socram, Feb 21, 9:24am
Only saw him in practice, but thanks for the heads up!