Mercedes Benz Vans

lou64, Feb 19, 7:01am
Hi guys i need to upgrademy old Toyota courier Van, am considering a M/B Vito van, i realize Toyota are overpriced and 10 years behind the latesteuro vans.would be happy to pick all the imfo plus, pros. & cons.of Merc vansi presume if they are serviced regulately and often they shouldbe capable of doing the job. need {5door lwb manual}ok thanks for any coments Cheers Lou

grangies, Feb 19, 7:08am
One is these is capable of.

426 hp / 313 kW, 621 Nm
0 - 100 km/h in 6.2 sec.
V/max 245 km/h

http://www.worldcarfans.com/104102010127/brabus-viano-v8

poppajn, Feb 19, 7:11am
Our firm run one on a 1500 k per day run, 4 th one now, no major problem,s.

grangies, Feb 19, 7:15am
Jazzpianoman will be here sooner or later to give you the full run down on why the Mercedes is so much better than the Toyota.

He may go on and on and on and on and on. But he does make a lot of sense if you take into account his reasoning for a lot of what he says.

trdbzr, Feb 19, 7:29am
Ford Transit is also a good van to consider as well.

lou64, Feb 19, 7:41am
thanks sofar i surpose the toyota will end up in Indialol

gammelvind, Feb 19, 8:31am
Except for the rust, a/c that dies, clutches, starter motors, brakes and of course the rust, apart from that the transit is great. Did I mention we are having a few problems with rust in an 06 model.

snj11, Feb 19, 9:13am
I had one as a rental for 2 weeks while my usual work vehicle was off the road, have to say i was impressed, I had it fully loaded with 1.5 tonnes of car batteries in the back, did 3000kms in it over 2 weeks including a trip chch to nelson and it was great, comfortable, plenty of power, good driving position, excellent economy. That was an 07 Vito.

trdbzr, Feb 19, 9:35am
The early Vito's aren't exactly known for their reliability and rust free body either

trdbzr, Feb 19, 9:49am
Also be weary of the early VW T5, they are quite unreliable. The resident bigot will be along soon to say otherwise, but a simple google search will tell you that people have had nothing but trouble with T5s.

jmma, Feb 19, 10:07am
Is the fishing any good around here (o:

trdbzr, Feb 19, 10:31am
nope not trolling, just telling the facts, i know its a foreign concept to some

mileyfan73, Feb 19, 10:34am
Mercs are impressive,Transits not so much.Had a company 05 Merc LWB Sprinter with 5 speed and the 2.2. motor,never missed a beat in the 40.000 ks I clocked up in it over 8 months.Great driving position,handle well and plenty of power.Transit I drove for another company needed a new starter motor at 105.000 ks and had annoying electrical issues constantly.

pyro_sniper2002, Feb 19, 12:50pm
Ring your local St John workshop.

lou64, Feb 19, 8:34pm
Thanks guys for your interesting comments. cheers Lou

jenny188, Feb 19, 8:43pm
Merc Vansimported into N.Z. a couple of years ago were assembled in Brazil, from memory and motors weren't from Germany either. Such is the way of the todays world

vtecintegra, Feb 19, 8:50pm
Also the rear door hinges will fail and the door will fall off at the most inconvenient moment you can imagine (ask me how I know that)

gammelvind, Feb 20, 12:42am
Aaah thats right the side sliding doors do that too lol.