Toyota voltz. Ok so we need a car quite like this one the only negative thing i could find was that theyre uncommon and could be

esawers, Feb 20, 9:03pm
ok so we need a car, quite like this one - the only negative thing i could find was that theyre uncommon and could be hard to get parts for.
is this a really bad thing! or would it be like owning a porsche and trying to get parts!

have also looked at the 1.8l caldinas, trying to stay away from the D4, again is the D4 that bad!

Can anyone suggest a similar car! 10 - 15k, hatchback or short wagon, reliable and smart/sporty looking

ps. not european, and later than 2002

kcf, Feb 20, 9:23pm
Looked at a Voltz for the ex.Did a bit of surfing around, and the general consensus seemed to be that the US manufactured Voltz wasn't as well constructed as the Japan manufactured Corolla / Runx etc.

Yes, relatively uncommon vehicle can be an issue when it comes to being charged a hefty premium if you're after a part that there aren't many of available.Supply and demand etc.

gadgit3, Feb 20, 9:28pm
x1
Engine, drive train, steering, suspension is all Corolla the body is the only thing odd

nightboss, Feb 20, 9:35pm
Ah yes - American built Toyotas - brings back bad memories of the Toyota Cavalier.

kazbanz, Feb 20, 9:53pm
Nono no no no --cav is a CHEVVY with toyo badges--stupidest thing toyota ever did

studio1, Feb 20, 10:07pm
How do you pronounce Runx! Is it 'runks' or 'run - x' !

kcf, Feb 20, 10:51pm
The Voltz is still a Toyota Corolla (unlike the Cavalier).It is just that the California built Voltz has a relatively worse rep for build quality than the equivalent Japanese built Corolla.

I'm sure they're not fundamentally a hand grenade or anything . but, I knew that in the case of the ex, if anything can possibly go wrong on a car, it *would* go wrong on her car.Additionally I knew that she would drive it into things, so panels needed to be available locally.Plus, I knew that if anything did go wrong, it would be deemed as being entirely my fault and my problem to resolve.

So I veto'd the Voltz on those grounds.Your circumstances may be very different, but my circumstances meant I said "buy a Corolla instead".So she fixed her Starlet and didn't buy anything.

I always call them a Run - X or an Al - X (cos there's also the Allex version)

esawers, Feb 20, 11:02pm
yeah we have looked at the runx and allex, and DP decided if he's going to spend that much on a car he didn't want a boring corolla, lol
Think he is still keen on the Caldina

kazbanz, Feb 21, 4:18am
esawers- there are more and more voltz comeing up available from japan as time goes on. They are as others have said mechanically a Toyota corolla with different bodywork.

bignzer1, Feb 21, 7:08am
I like the look of the Madza 3 unsure how reliable they are but sure someone here will be able to tell you.I would be looking at the Honda Civic 2003 onward but only because I have had no problems with all the Honda's I have owned in the past.