Oil Changers franchise

Page 1 / 2
tonyt_nz, Feb 28, 7:47am
I used Oil Changers the other day, thought they'd done a good job/price. Anyone else used them!

poppajn, Feb 28, 7:49am
No; but going to try them tomorrow; I;m a bit weary from what I;ve been told about the filter;s they use; but yea gonna try them.

merrigj, Feb 28, 7:52am
I thought they are great used them when we lived in Chch pity there isn't one in Auckland.I hate having to make an appointment and drop car off.Catch bus etc.While you wait is the way to go.

tonyt_nz, Feb 28, 7:52am
$100 for an oil, filter and engine flush was pretty good.Car seems to run nicer than prior. Yeah only takes 10-15mins. But there is a wait if they are all tied up.

kingfisher21, Feb 28, 8:02am
If they are doing engine flushes using who knows what product, RUN, as fast as you can. Causes more problems than it's worth.

stevo2, Feb 28, 8:07am

air.rowcj, Feb 28, 10:16am
With Oilchangers get a quote for your car and tell them that you only need the 4 litres of oil in the quote. Once they use more thann the 4 they charge like b.y for every last drop . Go home and top up with own supply your self

stevensalli, Feb 28, 10:44am
Used them before a long trip.serena van, petrol best thing
ive done for it

mr_lovebug, Feb 28, 10:53am
I have used them for many years,never had a single problem.

Very helpful & cost is not that bad.

saki, Feb 29, 3:45am
Use them aswell good service no complaints.

elect70, Feb 29, 3:53am
My V8takes 7 litres should I driveit only half full of oil .untilkget homedaft idea , if yourthat tight take your own oil in& see what they say .

poppajn, Feb 29, 5:17am
Well had my oil change today; very pleased with the service given; everything was explained. Receponist called to a serviceman he was wanted on the phone; his reply "I;m sorry I;m flat out; please take a message" Would;nt happen at my usual garage; he;d be off to the phone
5 litres oil $99.95
oil filterno charge
.7 litre oil $11.87
Total$111.82includeing$14.59 GST.
$57.00 cheaper than my usual garage.

mileyfan73, Feb 29, 6:58am
I like to know exactly what grade/brand of oil is going in my car,and what filter,wouldn't use them,but guess I'm just fussy!

rednsr, Feb 29, 7:04am
You wouldn't use them because you're a moron. They use sakura filters which are known to have a lot more filtering media than Fram Ryco Donaldson etc. The oil they use is from a pretty new and unknown brand called CALTEX! I'm not surprised you've never heard of them.

rednsr, Feb 29, 7:06am
According to who exactly! Throw some reliable sources my way. By the way they use an oil flush machine that runs when the engine is switched off!(This isn't the case in Invercargill)

kingfisher21, Feb 29, 7:10am
Christ, do you work for them, for starter, 5 litres of oil at near on a $100 is a damn ripoff, I don't even pay that for 5 litres of full synthetic Castrol for my Commodore. All an engine flush does it flush all the crap out which eventually blocks the oil pump pickup which then leads to meltdown, do the take the sump off every vehicle and clean the screen! I don't think so.

rednsr, Feb 29, 7:18am
The engine flush is not kerosene based and goes from the top of the engine then down and out through the sump. It is a high concentrate emulsifier which turns gunge back into a liquid that can be drained out into the machine where it is filtered. And that 100 dollars is for the full service including the oil and filter, not just the oil itself.

rednsr, Feb 29, 7:19am
Also that 100 would be a synthetic service. mineral would be 74.95ish.

poppajn, Feb 29, 7:43am
Havoline 5w30 fully Synthtic was the oil; same as previous garage used and same price

n3d4sp3d, Feb 29, 7:51am
normal garages charge extra as full safety checks are done on the vehicle, lights suspension etc all check and adjusted if required

ninja_man, Feb 29, 8:10am
yeah well doing it yourself is always going to be cheaper. $100 for SOMEONE ELSE to do the oil change using synthetic oil is pretty cheap in my view

zephyrheaven, Feb 29, 8:38am
I dont know about anyone else but when I see an Oil Changers sticker on a car I think about the lack of brain cells that person has

carmedic, Feb 29, 9:00am
Is that from one of the highly skilled technicians that have attained their Oil Changers ???certificate of lube??

bonylegs, Feb 29, 9:06am
If you want to measure the performance of a filter, it's not the length of media that counts but the quality. May pay to research facts.
I would only use Ryco on my car because they backup what they sell.

mileyfan73, Feb 29, 9:11am
I have heard of them alot actually,and have driven past them alot.I drive a Honda,and personally prefer a Honda technician doing my services.Am not knocking them mate,just saying each to their own!