Water sloshing sound inside car -1994 Laser Lynx

retropearl, Mar 3, 1:36am
Hi,
Took car down the hill to shops and could hear water sloshing sound inside the car, noticeable when turning or coming to a stop. I've checked the floors and boot and all dry so no leaks. No water collected in the doors either. Any idea what the problem could be! It has been raining heavy here in Welly but this is not the first time it has, but first time I've noticed the sound.Wife said she only noticed it for about 2 weeks now as she drives it mostly, but tells me now.!.I wish she would've addressed it earlier rather then me finding out now!

retropearl, Mar 3, 1:44am
Oh, a few leaves have collected below the windscreen gutter, possible blocked drainage holes! and water collected in a chanel somewhere behind!. Car is not directly parked under trees but are nearby on each side of driveway, but I do find debris tends to collect in this area and when you switch fan on some debris will fly out the vents.

flashgordon_nz, Mar 3, 1:45am
Hmmm. water trapped in the sill! (below the doors) Climb underneath it and have a look along the sill, where the panels meet - there should be a couple of pressed swayed holes in there that could be blocked.

other thing I'm wondering is if your heater core is leaking (have you been losing water out of the radiator, or heater not working as it should!) and it could be trapped in the heater ducting/housing, sloshing around.

retropearl, Mar 3, 1:49am
heater is working fine in the car.water level in radiator is fine. I changed water coolant about year ago and haven't topped as I regularly check but still water in the reservoir just above low level.

thunderbolt, Mar 3, 1:50am
Did you look in the spare wheel well!

retropearl, Mar 3, 2:21am
ok, think it's fixed now. I unplugged the bung under the sill off the car, 2 per side and water came out of passengers side, and took car for drive and now seems to be gone, however will monitor it. I pushed one bung through and now can't get it back as it's now in the sill!, I'll have to plug it up when I get time in the meantime leave it out to dry to dry out. I think water getting in where there's a spare hole where guard is bolted! as has been replaced as other side has been taped over where theres one., I think car has been in prang before and required realignment.

flashgordon_nz, Mar 3, 4:00am
glad its sorted. doesn't hurt to un-bung them every now an again. and/or rustproof in there.

retropearl, Mar 3, 5:03am
cheers for your help!