283 chev onto 3 speed holden box

demons, Mar 3, 11:33pm
wot the chance it will bolt together thanks

lordv81, Mar 3, 11:53pm
0% without mods.

hyphen, Mar 4, 1:01am
if you mean tri-matic, yes some are chev bolt pattern

gmphil, Mar 4, 1:27am
3 on the tree v8 boxes as in the ht . I believe there were trimatic pattern so ul need chev bellhousing

brokebloke1, Mar 4, 2:08am
sure your not talking about the old powerglide they had them in hk,hgs the 307 chev motors were bolted to these
I had a 400sb chev bolted to a old powerglide was great at the drags only two gears

lordv81, Mar 4, 5:12am
No trimatics were chev pattern.
The easiest way to bolt up a manual GMH 3 speed to a chev is use the GMH chev bellhousing off a 4 speed box.You will have to use the chev flywheel and put the holden clutch on it for the right spline match,as well as a spigot bearing/bush match,you will have to check input shaft length.If you use a 6 cyl box you will have to machine the bellhousing face as they have shorter input shafts than the v8 boxes{you can swap the v8 and 6 shafts in most boxes}
If you want to use the 3 speed trimatic then you will have to use a redrilled flexi plate and modified bellhousing.But then why would you want a trimatic !Im guessing you are wanting a manual!

demons, Mar 4, 5:18am
yeah mate want it manual,,,, using a 3 speed box. i can sort out mecanics of it but yeah the old 3.3 aint doing it for me but want to keep it on the tree

neville48, Mar 4, 5:29am
try and source a New Zealand new 3 spd chevy box and put the whole deal into the holden or a yankee one but use the crossover system down on the box and use the column shift. If yur lucky you may get a 3 spd and overdrive chev column box, that would be real cool in a holden.

roadkillcafe, Mar 4, 5:33am
ive been told 308 goes straight up to 3 on tree manual in hq

demons, Mar 4, 5:49am
yeah heard the same.

demons, Mar 4, 5:52am
thanks for the info.308 would be cool on the 3 speed wonderinghow long it would last. the 283 ive got is old so not overall powerful.

roadkillcafe, Mar 4, 5:54am
whats it in!

demons, Mar 4, 5:58am
i have a wb ute

roadkillcafe, Mar 4, 6:15am
is it manual!i once measured up the possibility of putting a slant six into my mate's manual hq ute (cos slant sixes are awesome and the 202 would barely get out of it's own way-and use pretty much as much gas to boot.) but the wiper motor was gonna be in the way :-(then he was told its pretty easy to put a holden v8 into it. never got around to it tho and in the meantime i think it just gets used for short trips where no hills are expected lol.

demons, Mar 4, 6:43am
yep its manual .motor has been rebuilt but yeah gutless.dumped exhaust at diff made small differance but then put 20s on it which stuffed that up

gmphil, Mar 4, 7:55am
308 motor came in two bellhousing patterns.early one is trimatic and same as 253 and later version is chev pattern know as turbo pattern