Subaru folks.

dezzie, Mar 26, 4:11am
All righty, so heres the story, this morning I moved my sons legacy approximately 3 metres, because it was parked right in front of the shed that I needed to get into, went fine, moved it, turned it off, blipped the car alarm, walked away, now, tonight, its turning over, but not firingat all.so hes taken my car to work, and I've put his on the battery charger cos he'd been winding away and it sounds sick.but umm, what you thinks wrong with it, he muttered something as he flew out the door about turning it off when the choke was on, but I've got no clue.

jokerboss, Mar 26, 4:16am
x1
must be pretty old Legacy to have a choke

noswalg, Mar 26, 4:29am
I would say auto choke, not that that would matter, I would say a door was left ajar and interior light was on, this could drain a weak battery down to the point it wouldn't have cranking power

noswalg, Mar 26, 4:31am
although generally alarms are connected to the door switch so should not have armed the alarm if door not fully closed

dezzie, Mar 26, 4:33am
Oh I hope thats all it is, a night on the charger will fix it then, and yes auto choke.the battery was still turning it over when I got screamed at for help, and he'd been out there a good 10 minutes I guess (Bad mother for not noticing he hadn't gone out the driveway) so I just put its sad state down to him cranking it swearing. Best option at the time was to say, take mine, lol another legacy as it happens, we are fans.

dezzie, Mar 26, 4:35am
I didn't take a lot of notice to be honest, I had a guy here dropping off a fridge, so I just hit the button and didn't listen to hard for beeps, mines not alarmed and I don't muck round with his very often, that might be what it is.

NZTools, Mar 26, 5:02am
Its flooded. You didnt have it running long enough to get any heat onto the spark plugs. The enchiched fuel mixture has got the plugs wet with condensation, after you switched it off, and trying to restart it has just compounded the problem.

johnf_456, Mar 26, 10:58am
Try start it with your foot on the floor.

hopie, Mar 26, 8:30pm
+1 on the flooded. just keep crank'n it, she'll turn over.

4pc, Apr 16, 8:21pm
This sounds like what happened to us recently.

I'd parked the Impreza towards the centre of the garage because I'd intended to go out again before DH arrived home (so too far out for two cars - the carport is a squeeze).Anyway, I didn't go out after all.

The following morning DH moved the car, so probably reversed 10 ft or so, and then drove it back into the carport.

Two days later I unlock the car, the kids climb in while I am still getting ready.Climb in, turn the ignition, and momentarily it startsand then konks out.

4pc, Apr 16, 8:25pm
So, I try a few more times to start it,this time with a bit of accelerator.I wonder whether it mjght be the battery but all the doors appear to have properly shut for the two days.DH arrives home about an hour later, and tries to start the car.I go to work.He thinks it's the starter motor.

In my absence he calls Subaru (still under 3yrs old).They send a tow truck.Ring back a few hours later to say it was flooded and not covered under the warrantee.Muchos flaming Dollars that was.

pcguitarist, Apr 17, 12:02am
Not an immobilizer is it! My subaru will crank and crank and crank but unless you press the alarm button it will not start. That is usually only if you haven't started the car 30 seconds before first unlocking it.