1997 CAMRY AUTO DOOR LOCKS

turfmech, Mar 28, 2:35am
Anyone know how to disable the automatic door lock function ( locks at 20km/h ) on a 97 Toyota CamrySXV20. This can be deactivated as I somehow fluked it once before but I got a flat battery and the ECU has defaulted back to it's factory setting. Have been on Google but couldn't find the right info.

32oscar, Mar 28, 7:04am
best advice is to get an auto sparky to do it, can be done as taxis have to have them disabled by law, shouldn't cost too much.

sheepey, Mar 28, 7:25am
I had same issue with my Corolla, a guy on here called bigfatman or similar told me how to do it, it was easy and his advise was spot on.

planespotterhvn, Mar 29, 12:25am
But auto locks or anti carjack locks are usefull if there are armed Somalis wanting to carjack you! You just have to unlock the doors before you get out and the drivers door has a master unlock button.what's so hard about that!

turfmech, Mar 29, 4:04am
What if you are unconscious as the result of an accident and the car's on fire and people can't get to you as was the case in an accident I came across on Monday!

planespotterhvn, Mar 29, 6:56am
then you smash the windows as you often do anyway as the body is distorted and the doors won't open. If the power goes off and the airbags are deployed don't the doors auto unlock!