1999 Nissan Pulsar speakers

jock_in_nz, Mar 28, 6:40am
x1
I'm looking to replace the horribly tinny front factory speakers in my 1999 Pulsar (N15 model). Does anyone know of a brand of speaker that fits straight in the factory holes so I can avoid cutting or drilling! My car has wind up windows if that makes a difference.

Also, being a poverty spec model, it has no rear speakers. But there is a small brown plug, on both sides, tied up next to the rest of the wiring near the rear speaker grills. It has a light green and black/green wire.Might be a daft question, but is this likely to be wiring for the rear speakers! If so, what size of speaker would fit in the rear grills, again without having to modify it to fit.

Any help much appreciated.

andrea_w, Mar 28, 6:48am
You will want to buy 6" speakers (also known as 6.5").
Any brand will fit, but stick to reputable brands
The N15 uses ribbons, not wires in the doors.to fit a speaker you will need to to strip back some of the plastic covering the copper (both Positive and Negative) within the ribbon and solder a short length of wire on each.

Yep that sounds like the speaker wiring under the parcel tray. make sure you get the phasing correct! You will need to remove the parcel tray to fit new speakers and like the front, they are 6"
Hope that helps

jock_in_nz, Mar 28, 7:28am
Thanks for the advice andrea. I'll give it a go at the weekend. Don't have a soldering iron but would crimping the wires together do!

andrea_w, Mar 28, 7:34am
No problem mate :)
Nah you can't crimp these wires. I have a soldering iron and some spare speaker wire, I could do it for you if you want! I see you have a car listed, I could contact you through there if you need the help
Manufacturers like to throw curve balls so your car may have normal wiring. but every N15 I've fitted audio gear into has had the ribbon cabling.

guest, Oct 22, 9:06am
Hey Guys,

Do you think it's possible to install 6" speaker in the rear doors? (Same setup at the front)

Because the pair I installed in behind the back seat, sound kinda tinny. :S

Help need for a SSS fan