Hyundai Santa Fe Diesel

bohemian4, Apr 8, 8:38am
Looking at one for towing a caravan about 2000kgs. Would anyone like to post an experience or opinion! Thanks.

jasongroves, Apr 8, 9:45am
Personally, I would just buy a 6 cylinder Falcon or Commodore if its just for towing!

jasongroves, Apr 8, 9:46am
What year are you looking at!
Budget!

fordcrzy, Apr 8, 9:46am
father in law tows his 6 meter alloy boat with one. says its great

mugenb20b, Apr 8, 9:49am
Hyundai Santa Fe is a car that has the most powerful 4 cylinder diesel engine that I've ever driven. Bloody fantastic vehicle. I can't see a reason why it can't tow a caravan that size. Hopefully its monocoque body and automatic transmission will cope OK.

fordcrzy, Apr 8, 9:52am
2 tons is pushing it though. i towed a 1600kg generator with my ford ranger and that was bloody scary. i cant imagine 2 tons.

also i hope you have an HT license as youll be over weight for a car licence

jmma, Apr 8, 9:53am
Is this for real!

mugenb20b, Apr 8, 9:54am
You can drive on class 1 up to 4.5 tonne, right!

fordcrzy, Apr 8, 10:12am
i thought that too. but i read that cops were stinging people for over 3.5 tonnes . also they were taking the weight of the car and the theoretical maxximum tow weight and if that was over the max then hello ticket also.

clark20, Apr 8, 10:30am
Yep, get the newer version with 140kw, much better. We are onto our 4th one at work (1 sold, 3 on fleet) and they love them, and towing boats as well. Last one our guy lost his Falcon Turbo for it, and he's happy.

ralphdog1, Apr 8, 10:50am
On what basis!

fordcrzy, Apr 8, 10:57am
i'm not sure what you mean. all i know is that i read fairly recently about police ticketing towers for overweight/not correctly licenced. may have also been RUC related too!

msigg, Apr 9, 4:47am
Yea your ok to 4.5 tonne, and they may be raising it to 6 tonne soon.