Hyundai Santa Fe R 2.2 2013 Diesel- help pls

manolo, Sep 11, 7:07pm
Hi Guys- looking at a 2012 Santa Fe. Family owned so interior was a bit rough with food finger prints and a bit of dirt and dust etc. Had a AA check today and car just had a couple of issues that I wanted to know about

- Under carriage was quite dusty and had a bit of mud. Owners live in the country and have a gravel road which has been wet due to the rain. No signs of rust so looks ok
- Oil was a bit low but could not see any leaks or anything. Do these engines burn through a bit of oil?

Other than that the plastics did feel a bit worn and the exterior plastics had faded a bit. Never had a Korean car so don't know if this is a quality thing. Car has a good service history otherwise. The Santa Fe gets good reviews and really keen to buy it- would these be a deal breaker?

Thanks Robin

intrade, Sep 26, 5:54pm
the AA will get you a a test for a good car and 2 weeks later it blows up because a 5 year old could do a better test then the aa.
You need to drive it 50km in one hit to regenerate the dpf and the dpf is spent at 245.000km under optimal circumstances.
My passat has a new dpf at 190k invoices for 9 grand for replacment . and i paid 8 grand.