Hyundai Santa Fe new 2013 models ?

amyjo, Feb 26, 10:44am
Hi,
Anyone heard when the new models will be available in NZ !
Thanks

haventrader, Feb 26, 7:28pm
I heard April. Does that mean second-hand prices of the current model will then drop to realistic figures!

gman35, Feb 26, 7:51pm
Reckon they look pretty good , but according to road tests not much hasmoved on in regards to the dull dynamics and steering. And I think it is any engine you like as long as it's a 2 point something litre diesel , so boring continues. Even the new Mitsi Outlander dropped a nice smooth v6 and the Mazda cx5 has a so slow petrol or a diesel , "zoom zoom" has even left the room for Mazda. No slightly exciting SUV type vehicles under a BMW , Porsche etc it seems.

amyjo, Feb 27, 10:11am
thanks, talked to head office today.they also said April.

shorebee, Feb 27, 7:41pm
hyundai dealer said new modelprices will be higher so the current r series is good buying and they hold value well, you seem to pay less for asanta fe than sorrento at the moment so id grab an 2012 model for under 50k somewhere if u can.

bigfatmat1, Feb 27, 7:57pm
you believe a car dealer!he is trying to sell you the 2012 model.

shorebee, Mar 20, 2:21am
seems he was telling the truth

monaro17, Mar 20, 4:04am
Funny this thread has started I was wondering the same thing myself after yesterday. Here I am tootling off to work and I have to give way to a white 4wd, being my nosey self I didn't recognise what it was so after it went past I pulled out behind then sped up to get behind it. Sure enough it was the new Santa Fe! It was DEFINATLEY the new model, it looked bloody good from what I saw. It had a GTxxxx number plate, brand spanking

countrypete, Mar 20, 4:13am
The new model will be considerably dearer - see the link below.That would tend to hold up the older model used values.But $80k for a Santa Fe!
http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/autos/blogs/richard-bosselman/b/-/16374394/why-santa-fes-steady-sales-improvement-is-over/

shorebee, Mar 20, 5:22am
so a 2011 for 40k seems a standout bargain

gman35, Mar 20, 9:39am
I can't comment on servicing costs etc , but I think if I was looking at paying even $60k+ for a mid-lge size SUV I would be trying something like a 5-7yr old BMW X5 first , and would be pretty sure it would still handle , be finished with a much richer feeling interior, and just generally feel a whole class better than a new SantaFe or Highlander etc , not to mention the worst of the depreciation is also gone. The savings would pay for a fair bit of fuel for even a v8 petrol one also. So many new cars MUST just be company bought cars , because I would go insane driving a diesel HoldenCaptiva or the like every day , even compared to my now 100,00km $16k-ish! 2005 2.3l Mazda 3.

wasser61, Mar 20, 5:00pm
bwahahahahahahahahaha.-

lazzo, Mar 21, 1:15am
I have seen plenty of the new model Santa Fe on the roads overseas, they look pretty good on the road, but I'm still of the opinion that no Hyundai is worth the kind of money they will be commanding for these in NZ.

gman35, Mar 21, 1:25am
Yep , but they will still sell a reasonable amount , "boring sterile diesel SUV motoring" is what so many people want in a new vehicle these days it seems. I think more and more people are forgetting how nice , and sure-footed in handling a decent petrol-engined car/wagon is in comparison.

jogirl, Mar 22, 5:18am

That wld b because Hyundai just had their official launch to all nz dps in Christchurch last week, and got to road test them up mount cook!

jogirl, Mar 22, 5:22am
Thank goodness that's just ur opinion! U will find now that Hyundai are in the top 3 brands. Go for a test drive sometime!

shane191, Mar 22, 6:36am
Had the new one on display at fielddays near christchurch

kdcentralni, Mar 22, 6:50am
Huge margins in those Santa Fe and new Hyundai products.

lazzo, Mar 22, 7:26am
Yes that is just my opinion ands that why I stated that, I do appreciate and understand we all have differing opinions and that sure as hell is apparent when discussing the Hyundai product.

I acknowledge Hyundai are doing well in sales figures, more so overseas than in New Zealand, it is worth mention that Hyundai has very aggressive marketing and extremely strong price points in overseas markets reflecting in their sales figures, their approach in New Zealand is not so aggressive comparatively, this I imagine is largely because New Zealand is a very tiny piece of the pie in terms of global sales.

I do believe Hyundai to still be an inferior product to alternatives and strongly believe there are better buys than Santa Fe at their NZ price point. I do not claim by any means that Santa Fe is a dog, because its not, I just feel that if I was in that market it's not the best buy for my hard earnt cash.