What cost to convert vx landcruiser

hfc2, Apr 9, 2:38am
1992 4.2 cruiser, approx cost to convert to manual, gear box purchase included. Cruiser tows 2.5 ton caravan very well but poke it up a long steep grade A/T OIL TEMP, light comes on . A mate of mine has one and he has the same issueTrans been serviced regulary and has small trans cooler. Cheers.

NZTools, Apr 9, 3:00am
Just fit a larger trans cooler if that is your only problem.
Convering to a manual means you nead a gearbox, clutch flywheel, slave cylender, master cylender, pedal box, and a centre console to suit a manual. Ie it would be cheaper tosell your cruiser and buy a manual version.

carcrazy8, Apr 9, 3:44am
yep to larger trans cooler, maybe one has its own temperature controlled fan, And maybe also a trans temperature gauge. Your local trans shop should be able to sort it for you, far cheaper than converting it to manual.

hfc2, Apr 9, 3:53am
Cheers will do.

studio1, Apr 9, 6:46am
Agreed, larger cooler and fan assisted if possible. Finding a manual Landcruiser . ! More chance of winning $26 million in Lotto!

zephyrheaven, Apr 9, 7:39am
Massive job as stated above
I would like one some days but in the dirt locked in low its bliss in auto just using one pedal
Ring around prices for good sized trans coolers are pretty competitive these days - tonnes of room for one too

hfc2, Apr 9, 7:59am
Cheers but none cut down with flat deck like mine.