How to find out cca rating for car & battery

jussa, Apr 17, 8:04am
i just found out that cars have a cca rating for recommended size battery if that made sense. how do i find out what my cars one will be. I have a toyota estima.

taipan4, Apr 17, 8:25am
just curious, why not give your Toymota agent a call.

andrea_w, Apr 17, 8:57am
.or simply look at the sticker on your current battery!

n1smo_gtir, Apr 17, 9:11am
if just a family car or van, a 260-350CCA battery should do the trick, if you plan to run a Doof doof sub and amp to keep yourself and family entertained go for a 400-500CCA so you don't put too much strain on the battery. most people just seem to chuck any battery in that has the polarity pole the right size on the right side.

According to marshal batterys:

http://www.marshallbatteries.co.nz/battery-range/passenger-4wd/heavy-duty/40CP/!u=

they recommended a 300CCA battery based on the input of your vehicle. as i've nver owned one i dunno if the + pole is really meant to be on the left when facing you. look under the bonnet to confirm.

hope it helps. pays to shop around. supercheap does $10 tradein for your old worn out one according to mailer i recieved today.

a.woodrow, Apr 17, 9:15am
Is it petrol or diesel!

intrade, Apr 17, 8:44pm
depends on car petrol cars dont need a large battery mor important is that you can secure the battery ,Diesel however needbig high current battery as they got way higher compression resistance when turning.
Ps a estime is a timebomb if it has the engine under the seat then you better save money now for a new vehicle as its not if but when its gona pop is engine for good.

intrade, Apr 17, 8:47pm
if it is a diesel i hope you use winns edt in your fuel to try and make it at least not blow up its fuel injection system.You can get the wynns in larger quantity cheaper somone has said on here. any japanese diesel should run winns-edt euro diesel you run chemtech diesel additive or winns for anyone who owns a diesel and has not seen the noumoreous postings about why to use this additive on any diesel.

intrade, Apr 17, 8:57pm
just go buy a battery charger from supercheap auto that does do calcium batterys about 60$ and with that you cant even charge the battery wrong as you are the same person with the other thread . if the car is a diesel then the battery could be dead and investing in that charger is money that is not lost , unlike fixing a toyota estima enema once its broken down that would be money down the drain. Cahrger will still be of use in years to come.
http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/online-store/products/SCA-Battery-Charger-12V-2500mA.aspx!pid=155830#Description