Car Battery

shortee2, Jan 2, 12:37am
I stupidly left my Driver Door ajar, car in the Garage not driven for about a Day and a Half, Consequence Flat Battery.Have a Charger, but neverused it, till now.QuestionPositive =Red.Negative= Black/Blue.is that right, plus how long do i recharge for, got work EarlyA.M. Tomorrow.Cheers.

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 12:38am
Yes, red +, blue / black -
Charge it for as long as you can, assuming you've got a small, cheap, trickle charger.

solarboy, Jan 2, 12:44am
Yes, red lead to battery positive+and black to battery negative and depending on the charger's output and the size of the battery the car should start after a few hours on charge but most chargers, even very basic ones, will gradually cut back the charge rate as the battery state of charge increases so you should be able to leave it on overnight.If in doubt just give it a charge until later today then a half hour or so in the morning should do the trick .

solarboy, Jan 2, 12:45am
Must learn to type faster , must learn .

shortee2, Jan 2, 12:49am
Thanks so much, will leave it charging till just before Dark, as have no power on in the Garage, plus its Dark when i go to work, Should i take it for a Drive,once ive put the Battery back in , Say 20 Min's or so !

moosie_21, Jan 2, 12:53am
Yup, take it for a good 15 minute thrash out on the open road, will get it charged right back up.

shortee2, Jan 2, 1:00am
Cheers for that, dont know about a good thrash out, our Roads in the Eastern Suburbs are like Cattle Tracks, getting on to the Motorway then Heading out towards the Airport, would be a Plan, Bit of Speed to clear away the Cobwebs.Not too Speedy tho.100 is good.LOL

moosie_21, Jan 2, 1:18am
lol yeah not thrash thrash, just take it for a spin and she'll be right!