Apparently asking about service history.

hydroman08, Apr 19, 4:50am
Is enough to have a question removed by TM!
Asked again, and the seller has ignored it (answered questions after though).And I was a serious buyer!

sifty, Apr 19, 4:50am
HOW DARE YOU!

hydroman08, Apr 19, 5:16am
Tell me about it.I think we need to compile a list of what NOT to ask in auctions.

cowboy110, Apr 19, 5:30am
That'll teach you.You shouldn't be asking questions that are totally irrelevant.If he wanted you to know about the non existant service history he would have mentioned it in the auction.Lucky you didn't ask to view the car before bidding.you would have been banned for life.

moosie_21, Apr 19, 5:31am
Question bomb, everyone, on the count of 3.

franc123, Apr 19, 5:36am
Erm, you do realise that you were considering bidding on a rapidly ageing yappanese import Exploder here! There isn't going to be any meaningful long term service history, and don't get sucked in by the no cambelt thing either. Theres five, yes thats five timing chains instead that rattle and clank and cost many times the cost of an average belt job to replace.Be warned.

NZTools, Apr 19, 5:39am
They are nick-named an exploder for a reason. Just dont go there.

stevo2, Apr 19, 5:45am
What he said.

hydroman08, Apr 19, 5:52am
Well thanks for the advice - i'll stay away from them then.
Want something to carry gear (building stuff around the house, go to the dump etc) perhaps a ute is better.

nightboss, Apr 19, 5:57am
Can anyone tell me what the maximum allowable number you can have on your blacklist!

NZTools, Apr 19, 5:58am
there is no limit

unbeatabull, Apr 19, 6:01am
Probably a good thing he scared you away from buying one of them!

lyonruge, Apr 19, 6:22am
Yep, ive done a chain job on one of these, never again!

cowboy110, Apr 19, 7:34am
There ya go. Sold for $4020. I think the boys did ya a favour by talking you out of that one hydroman.

franc123, Apr 19, 7:51am
Follow your own advice and get a little Jap ute, if you don't really need 4x4 don't get one, for what that thing sold for you could get the likes of a '90s Navara 2wd in reasonable condition that would cope with that no problem and would be a hell of a lot cheaper to keep in both fuel and repairs.

trdbzr, Apr 19, 9:08am
They are affectionately known as Ford Exploders. You just dodged a bullet there. Count your lucky stars and buy a decent and reliable Japanese SUV instead.