Caravan Insulation

bogorted, Apr 21, 4:57am
Has anyone had any experience using aerosol Insulation foam in the roof and walls of an aluminiun sheathed motor home or caravan! We have a 7meter traillite van and it is now getting a bit cold to use. I would be gratefull for any advise. Cheers, Ted

muzz67, Apr 21, 5:48am
You mean gorrilla foam or similar! We use lots at work, but its only really any good as a gap filler up to 30 mm or so. Meybe fit polystyrene and foam around the edges!

didi6, Apr 21, 8:34am
It exspands when used so make sure you know what your up to or you may have a few humps on your cladding.

gracey_lain, Apr 21, 8:38am
Are you pulling the linings off to do this or are you going to try and inject it in behind somehow!

If pulling the linings off I like to use polystyrine sheets and then just the aerosol foam in the gaps.

I don't see why the aerosol foam wouldn't work well so long as you can get good coverage.

BTW, I would use an applicator gun (cheap enough to buy or borrow) for a large application like that. Otherwise you will likely go through a lot of expensive cans.

Oh, and remember foam is NOT good for your electrical wires. It damages the insulation after a while and can leave you with dead shorts.

moggyman, Apr 21, 9:27pm
An option maybe to look at a european van, we have an english one and use it all year round in the SI. Double glazing, no condensation and great heating.

guest, Sep 25, 7:28am
having a contract moblie phone (cellphone) can also be helpful as your monthly payments to this will show up on your credit score. I managed to get a contract phone when I had a bad credit score, and I think this helped improve my rating.

guest, Sep 26, 4:32pm
Build credit with bank acucont or two or three but its take about a year .meaning gaining interest and showing creditor that your are serious and you can save. i'm in the same situation but im getting there

guest, Sep 28, 1:59pm
Your card is probably tied to your chkenicg account. The Overdraft Protection Fee ($ 10) is charged to your credit card to cover each check you write where you don't have sufficient funds to cover that check. The bank will transfer the exact amount of the check. So if you write two checks, it'll cost you $ 20. Now, also look at your chkenicg account agreement. There may be a fee assessed against your chkenicg account also for each of those checks. That can get expensive.Cash Advance: Your credit card IS NOT an ATM/DEBIT card. So, it you need cash, you go to the bank or ATM machine and draw out money from your credit card account (not your chkenicg account). You'll be assessed a 4% fee on the amount or $ 10, whichever is greater. Then you'll pay back the money at an extremely high interest rate. If you take out $ 1,000, it will cost your $ 40.A Convenience Check is very similar to the Cash Advance. It's a check you write against your credit card. You'll pay a smaller 3% or $ 5 fee, whichever is greater.Remember, all of these fees are not in your best interest. They are designed to get you as deep into debt with the CC company as possible so they can maximize their profit.