Andrea_w. Hi there i have puchesd a 01 holden berlina vx and i brought a new single din surround thing for it to fit in my sony

inkapuka, Apr 21, 8:48am
hi there i have puchesd a 01 holden berlina vx and i brought a new single din surround thing for it to fit in my sony head unit in no on my head unit it has 15 cables running off the plug now i had also brought a adapter plug to go from that to the cars original loom it only has 12 how would i go about this so i can have auto dimming lights and sub memory and auto antenna. hope you can understand what i'm tryng to say lol

inkapuka, Apr 21, 8:49am
how do i upload pics!
to here

johnf_456, Apr 21, 11:18am
my trademe > my photos > upload

petemun, Apr 22, 5:40am
shes just had a baby so will be busy

inkapuka, Apr 22, 6:07am
must be her hubby who knows about all the car stero stuff

andrea_w, Apr 22, 7:26am
Hey mate, that does mostly make sense lol
Does your new stereo have an Orange wire! If it doesn't you don't have the auto dimming feature (called Illumination). If you do have it, find the Illumination wire on the car side (I can't tell you what colour the wire is sorry so you'll need to test for it) and run a wire from the stereos wiring straight to the car wiring, bypassing the adaptor plug!
I'm not too familiar with your car but I've looked at similar cars on for sale on here, it appears they come with a whip style aerial on the roof. there isn't really an "auto" feature with that as it's a fixed aerial, not one that goes up and down. Do you get reception on FM! If you do, the aerial is working as it should! .or have I totally missed your point there lol !
I'm not sure what you mean by "sub memory" though, can you please elaborate on that!
Hope that helps and makes sense :)