Buying petrol? Use the blardy petrol pumps!

Page 2 / 2
timmo1, Apr 25, 12:57am
What a bunch of whiners haha

johnf_456, Apr 25, 12:59am
Yup! Or you could always leave the pump on the ground, I know someone who use to do this and they would always activate the pump. Normally many will activate if you try, if they don't I move on.

studio1, Apr 26, 8:09am
Nah, but it's fun watching all the replies that people make on these threads!

muzz67, Apr 26, 8:19am
Evr tried a roadtrip in the USA! Good grief, every bloody station has a different policy on card, credit,cash or pre-pay, then when you sort that out every bloody pump is different, some need a lever pulled, some a button pushed etc,, then as soon as ya get back on the road the 460 burns it so fast you gotta do it all again!

cessna3, Apr 26, 10:18am
We where up in Auckland for the school holidays and had the same deal about pump not working & pay first, never come across pre paid in Christchurch before. There must be lots of dodgy buggers doing drive off's up there.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 26, 12:58pm
in turangi, it seems to b the norm to fill, move forward and park up by counter, pay then leave cos it's always so busy. 3 to 5 cars line up per pump isle.

aktow, Apr 26, 1:41pm
not me,, i open the fuel flap and let a z station staffmember fill up my car. thats $60 and i get a week runaround on that,, then i hand over $60 petrol vouchers or cash and then drive off,, my petrol flap is on my drivers side so i take the firstpump available on my right. i don't give a dam if its the only diesel pump.

klrider, Apr 26, 8:07pm
Tuff luck, Ill use the one that is most convinient for me.

kazbanz, Apr 26, 9:06pm
studio1 wrote:
There's nothing more frustrating when calling in to a servo to get some diesel than seeing the ONLY diesel pumps being used by people who are filling up with PETROL,
Nah, but it's fun watching all the replies that people make on these threads![quote]

So we have now established that you tell lies

johnf_456, Apr 26, 10:10pm
I just use the next pump available, if there is petrol ones I avoid the diesel ones. But I am not going to line up and wait because somebody may want to use the diesel one when the petrol one is free.

xpfairmont, Apr 26, 10:29pm
to bad

dave653, Apr 26, 10:42pm
Had a '69 Buick a while ago. 95 litre tank!

doomy999, Apr 26, 11:05pm
just filled out falcon up. $140.
Never thought I would be saying this but tme to get rid of the old girl and buy something a little more economicalI think.

studio1, Apr 27, 5:08am
Not sure how that logic works. Do explain. I'm curious.

zrawnsley, Apr 27, 6:39am
how about you go to the servo and 3.37 a.m. then your guaranteed your pump, otherwise - ssh. they wont be long

flybye_in_a_rx7, Apr 27, 7:38am
most do it at night time, usually 6pm-6am. and some have the end ones as pre pay only as the attendant or cameras cant see those pumps

dave653, Apr 27, 7:47am
Drive offs are happening any time of the day! Pre pay is a good idea, I have no problems with it, others (in front of me) have 'other' problems with it. Remember the old 'one apple'!

alimac1, Apr 27, 7:57am
Even worse is the Caltex in Hornby that has diesel on all pumps but only 2 pumps have petrol for cars. Must have the bulk of their custom from diesels and lawnmowers.

richardmayes, Apr 27, 8:34am
The next time I pull up to a petrol pump at the servo, and I realise that it's a petrol + diesel pump, I'll immediately back out again and drive to another pump.

Because I value your time and convenience EVEN more than MY OWN!

Yeah.

In fact if you address me as HEY, BOY! I might even come over and pump your diesel into your tank for you, because why should you have to suffer the inconvenience of even getting out of your seat, eh!

If you like, I also know a few tricks that I can amuse your wife and teenaged daughter (16+) with, while you're waiting for the tank to fill up.!

kazbanz, Apr 27, 9:01am
Either A you lied in your first post saying how annoyed you wereOR you lied when about everyone disagreed with you and you backed down-either way you lied