Cars with no or minimal electronics these days.

Page 2 / 3
NZTools, Apr 28, 7:48pm
you are missing the point. The gtr would be a whole lot faster/handle better/more efficient if it only weighed 1400 kg after it had all the excess bells and whistles stripped off it.
The easiest way to make a car go faster is remove weight.

r15, Apr 28, 8:12pm
why not just buy a japanese toyota!

you get all the added electronics, and most of it never fails

or you could buy a dacia - a brand that most people have never heard of, offering low quality finish vehicles. yea i can see that taking off.

intrade, Apr 28, 8:26pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=_2a4W1pQ2O4&feature=related
you can see the quilty in that video last engine with ignitor on top is the 1,2 note how easy the oilfilter placed same goes for waterpump plenty space with that emgine in engine bay. its a renault powerplant eco2 euro5 emission

bella-boo, Apr 28, 9:25pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr-
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg-
gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-
hhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Run RUN as fast as you can from Tatas!

bella-boo, Apr 28, 9:33pm
Again - RUN.Tata's are a very basic breed of vehicle and look as though they are built to do their job, and only their job.This is why I bought a ute off them.60,000km head went.Thought - 'well, it could happen to any vehicle'.72,000km head went again, and AGAIN at 76,000.Was pretty pissed by now, and learned that the engines are NOT quality at all (I have never done in the head on a vehicle before or after this one, so not my driving either).Meanwhile the emissions sensor was draining the battery every second day - took a student at Waikato Uni to figure it out, after many many auto electricians had failed to find the reason.Never again!Big fat waste of time and a bucket full of money.Could have bought a brand new Hilux after all was said and done, and would have probably still owned it.

supernova2, Apr 28, 9:48pm
My parents had Austin Maxi's.Sure easy to fix but that was because you needed to fix it about twice a week.They had the flash one - the HL.They were english assembled which I think meant they injected salt into every body cavity and seam so that it rusted from the inside out.They used a flexi on the exhaust which rusted out about every three months.The back seat rattled as the catch had a clearance of about a meter.Must admit however never broake a window winder and for some strange reason the winder handle fitted a Lada exactly.Who copied who I wonder!The offset on the wheel was so good that you could bend the wheel rim just by parking the car on a bump.The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it should be compulsory for every home to have at least 3 Maxi's.The Guberment will then get 3 times the revenue from the rego fees, the wear and tear on the roads would drop by about 5 million % as none of the Maxi's would ever be able to be driven.Lets start a petion "Bring back the Maxi"!-
!

pebbles61, Apr 28, 10:36pm
Make all youngsters drive Austin All-Aggros!

rob_man, Apr 28, 10:45pm
My fantasy car lately has been a rat-rod type hybrid classic sports car built on a tube chassis with a fibreglass D Type body or similar with absolute minimalism being the central theme. Two seats and a steering wheel, wind deflector screen with no wipers etc and running something like a crisp Rover V8 and five speed.
Leather flying helmet and goggles please Biggles. Tally ho.

foxdonut, Apr 29, 1:31am
These days it seems the easiest way to make a car go faster is to better use the power you have by adding complex electronic aides, hence 1700kgs and only 480hp, but still a 7.30 to 7.50 time (depending who you ask) around Nurburgring.

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:34am
Get ya hand off it

in 10 years these modern rolling computers fail in such a way that you cant even source the problem without a bloody diagnostic machine

vtecintegra, Apr 29, 7:35am
So you plug it into the diagnostic machine! I fail to see the problem here.

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:37am
& all the cars faster than it around there - weigh less

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:39am
havent had to source many electronic faults then i see if thats your attitude

vtecintegra, Apr 29, 7:40am
No, none of my cars have ever developed any serious electrical faults.

bigfatmat1, Apr 29, 7:49am
I fail to see the problem! Could you explain a little more!

foxdonut, Apr 29, 7:50am
So!

When was the last time you went and brought a CV joint for a Cord 812 from a dealer!

Shit happens. A 10 year old car is due for the scrap heap anyway. You want to live in a cave, so be it, the rest of us want modern cars that set records for speed, fuel efficiency and play MP3's on digital radio.

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:51am
& thus your rosy opinion

conversly, plenty of problems have been seen by me that managed to stump multiple experienced electrics shops. most of whom devolve into increasingly expensive parts swopping hoping to get lucky

foxdonut, Apr 29, 7:52am
There are (dozens of) slower cars that weigh less as well.

Duh.

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:53am
& with an opinion like that its no wonder why you have posted this way

for you, modern is SUPPOSED to crap out quickly

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:54am
you were born simple !

bigfatmat1, Apr 29, 7:56am
I think electronics are being pushed into cars for various reasons. Being simplicity,
Safety, Emissions, customer demands comfort and satisfaction, and ease of use.

vtecintegra, Apr 29, 7:57am
I'm willing to make that trade off of that happening in return for getting a more fuel efficient, less polluting car with better performance and more comfort/safety features.

wrong2, Apr 29, 7:59am
well id like better basic design instead

foxdonut, Apr 29, 8:01am
You're aware I trust that the 1100 kilo, record setting, 19 year old Mclaren F1 has a full onboard diagnostic system and a modem to call home and report status and diagnostic data to Mclaren engineers.

Automotive electronics even in cars made today are all old fashioned analogue systems anyway.

Hardly bleeding edge technology.

Try growing a pair.

pebbles61, Apr 29, 8:03am
That'll do the classic car scene wonders.=/

And I know plenty of people who couldn't give a stuff about speed, hypermiling or 'digital mp3s' etc lol