Question regarding 5 stud conversion, callipers

daniel_sr, May 1, 11:28am
Hello, I have a non turbo body s14 silvia and done a 5 stud conversion with r33 25t , 4 pot calipers and I put GTSTS on but the caliper now rubs against the wheels. I have caster arm that is adjustable and put adjustable suspension in but doubt that would affect it. I know I'll need 25mm spacers but any ideas on why this would be! Thanks.

1ollie, May 1, 3:10pm
A little bit confused on exactly what your asking and by "GTSTS" what do you mean, brakes or wheels! what exact wheels do you have and what exact brakes do you have!
R33 GTS25T have slightly bigger discs & callipers to a R32 GTS-T, standard R32 GTS-T M spec 5 spoke 16x6.5 alloys bolt on to either car though.
Either way you should not need 25mm spacers if it bolts up and just rubs maybe more like 5mm, or does it not even bolt up strait and turn!
No suspension adjustment will affect the wheel to caliper clearance thats just size/shape or wheel vs caliper size.

daniel_sr, May 1, 7:29pm
ust rubs

smac, May 1, 8:00pm
Depends how it's rubbing as to whether spacers will help. What makes more sense is getting the right wheels for the brakes.

motorboy2011, May 1, 8:58pm
I replaced the factory 2 pot front brakes on my turbo Stagea with 4 pots from an r32 gts4, my factory stagea wheels would not fit back on as they didnt clear the brakes. Bigger wheels, problem solved. Factory r32 or r33 turbo wheels prob the cheapest option for you.

daniel_sr, May 2, 10:10am
Im using 16" gtst's, 5cm should do the trick. Thanks guys.

1ollie, May 2, 11:10am
Something doesint sound right they should not rub though. Anyway do you mean 5mm! 5cm is 50mm!

smac, May 2, 8:14pm
Heh yeah, 5mm you'll get through a WOF without them seeing the spacer, but 50mm!!

1ollie, May 2, 11:04pm
Ya would probably get a wof at 90% of places because they wont see them, but to be legal it has to be the correct size to fit the hub centre and have no other holes other than that centre and the correct stud pattern which you will have to get made I would say as I have never seen them for sale only those universal ones.

daniel_sr, May 3, 10:57am
Yea sorry 5mm my bad. Yea its 25t r33 skyline 5 stud conversion on my s14. I think the wheels are to small as they are 16".

motorboy2011, May 3, 7:45pm
if your using turbo skylines wheels and they dont fit, something is wrong.

smac, May 3, 7:56pm
That bit is news to me. The actual wording on this is "minimal indentations or irregularities". They have to be set screwed to the hub anyway, so there's two extra holes for a start. I've seen plenty of OEM thin spacers and also high volume after market (i.e. approved) spacers that are multi fit. Cheaper for the manufacturers as less models needed.

rayzor14, May 4, 1:29am
16" wheels will fit over top of R33GTST brakes, they only came with 16" from factory.
Sounds like a simple case of the wheels you have being the wrong offset which as you already know can be rectified with a spacer.
Either grab wheels of different offset or bang in some spacers - personally I dont like spacers but it is a cheaper solution if you happen to like your wheels.

1ollie, May 4, 6:12am
Could be wrong but thats what I was told a few years back by the local certifier after I failed my wof at VTNZ on some universal slip on spacers so had a couple made up to suit and passed wof