12v 35watt caravan light bulbs

cuda.340, Apr 13, 11:05am
where the bl@@dy 'ell do you buy them in jafaland!

fordcrzy, Apr 13, 11:09am
upgrade to LEDs

scoobeey, Apr 13, 11:20am
:)))

skin1235, Apr 13, 11:22am
try bike shops ( common as headlights in quads)
supercheap ( common in small spotlights )

why 35w, 21w indicator bulbs will work well enough

hijacka, Apr 13, 12:21pm
LEDs are shit! A Caravan in jafaland should have HPS ;)

intrade, Apr 13, 7:02pm
leds is the best you can buy today for light . normal light bulb are no longer sold in europe same will be here soon also

cuda.340, Apr 13, 8:41pm
35w aint that bright so 21w will be even dimmer. it's obvious that most of the replyees dont understand the size & shape of the bayonett fitting that goes into a caravan light. car bulbs just do not cut it, they're a special breed of bulb. LED's are not an option either since they glow in one direction & the caravan needs 360* glowing space.

intrade, Apr 13, 8:43pm
change the friggen fitting that holds the bulb then how hard can that be.

skin1235, Apr 13, 8:50pm
so where have you tried
assume repco, the local auto sparky, every caravan sales yard, every camping store, van restoration etc have come up empty

kazbanz, Apr 13, 9:24pm
Hi Cuda. Direct answer is to go to a chandler (boat supplies)
But also -someone else suggested it but I'll repeat it for ya.
I'd stongly recommend you upgrade the fitting to LED'sTheres a couple of reasons. First being that LED's don't generate heat like a normal bulb does and secondfor a lot morelight an led"bulb" draws a heck of a lot less power from your batteries than a normal bulb. You will honestly be totally blown away by the improvement. I think the boat show isn't far off if you want to see how effective led's are at lighting a "room"
I'm not talking "google advice" here mate. I just redid mum and dads Hiace campervan with LED's because dad kept flattening his (big) battery when they parked it up for a few days.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 9:26pm
i've tried, Repco, Appco, Partsmaster, Supercheap, Jayco, JA Russell, Ideal Electrical, Hella,Lighting Plus & a handful of Auto sparkies but that link you posted Intrade maybe the one.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 9:54pm
i'm not worried about sucking up battery power as the caravan is hooked up to 230v all the time, it just has a transformer that drops the lighting curcuit down to 12v on a 2 core wiring curcuit. the thing is the caravan is a 1962 retro unit & all the lights & fittings are the neat old stuff.

kazbanz, Apr 13, 9:57pm
ok cudawell try my first suggestion then -a boat chandler.
the guys that supply bits for all the pleasure boaties.
I know its a bit outa your way but theres a heap of em in and around westhaven

snoopy221, Apr 14, 6:37am
Hope Hickman union st city.

bigfatmat1, Apr 14, 8:18am
skin is correct in saying you can buy a 35w for a mb with same base as a 21w indicator bulb you can also buy holagens with that base ba15shere is a 45w version any auto electrician can get http://www.hella.co.nz/3-346-992/product/Special-Bulb---12-Volt

clark20, Apr 14, 10:58am

fordcrzy, Apr 16, 6:14am
how to melt your light fitting in one easy step

panicky, Apr 16, 9:12am
Dasko sell them

ryanm2, Apr 16, 6:35pm
LEDS generate heat, the new Philips 10W MR16 lamp actually has a fan built into the rear of it. Other LEDS have massive heat sink to disipate heat. Im not sure where this LEDS dont generate heat myth comes from. Either the LED or the driving gear for the LED make heat, and obviously the higher wattage the more heat.