ANy good automotive carpet suppliers in NZ?

nzoomed, May 1, 9:47pm
We are having trouble locating some carpet for a english car we are restoring.
Its a loop carpet that is a particular shade of blue, we managed to find the correct one here: http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/colours_class_loop.htm
its called classic loop, medium blue.
The only problem is that its got a "plastic" backing and our auto trimmer said its not the best to work with as its designed for moulding and wont bend etc, so was wondering where we can get this carpet elsewhere with a latex or similar backing.

TIA

gmphil, May 1, 10:08pm
Autodec supply pre made for vehicles not sure do wot u wantthey smales rd east tamaki

nzoomed, May 1, 10:12pm
ive contacted them, they have got a cut pile that may suit, may end up using that if its the closest thing i can get.

flat_white_ltd, May 1, 11:42pm
If it's English, . these guys ( UK ) probably have pre-made ready to go.
(have used them ourselves several times, with good results. )
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/

andy61, May 2, 12:35am
They are not cheap, but try www.lemansautofabrics.co.nz,043848616,they are in Wellington.

nzoomed, May 2, 9:46pm
Yes we have been looking at their catalog, if we end up having to use a cut pile we will, but we were hoping for the exact colour etc, and we have found something the same, but the polyethleyne backing seems to be the only problem.

trogedon, May 2, 10:09pm
x1
I used to use these guys for Jap cars I did up. They were cheap and the carpets fitted well. Nothing like a new carpet to lift the look of a car interior and make it smelll new too.

quickstitch, May 3, 2:56am
i stopped using them as an apprentice, i thought their carpet was crap and their fitment was poor. I thought they may have improved when they starting doing molded carpets but no, still crap. I only buy Aussie made carpet sets now or custom fit my own.

trogedon, May 3, 4:43am
I was fitting them to Corollas not Rollas!

treachug, May 3, 7:49am
Bit odd that the trimmer thinks its plastic backed or similar. We sell Knox carpets at work & often sell meterage of both loop & cut pile to trimmers. Once heated in the moulding process its hardish but still flexible but if bought as meterage its as flexible as normally expected.

zephyrheaven, May 3, 8:03am
Custom fit it - wouldnt touch any of the pre cut myself

magoo2, May 3, 9:02am
I have never seen this carpet what is the price per metre and do you have any other trimming supplies!

nzoomed, May 4, 1:25am
You dont work for rare spares do you!
They are the agents in NZ for Knox i believe.
Anyway, the sample we got from Knox has polyethylene backing which is a "plastic" its primarily designed for moulding, but we have been told that its not the best carpet to work with, although it seems alot of automotive carpets are made from this.