FG FALCON / VE HOLDEN

Page 2 / 2
dmagon, Jun 1, 8:46pm
I often get a FG XR6 or a VE SV6 as a rental car, theVE does seem like a hollow car lacks a lot of feel on the road and has to be driven a bit harder that the FG to get what you want out of it. For general feel and quality the FG hands down, However I myself am looking at a VE Sportwagon vs. Territory comparison. While I like the Territory I much prefer to sit closer to the ground so in this case I am tending to lean towards the Sportwagon. That part probably doesn't help much but if you are looking at a sedan FG hands down.

brokebloke1, Jun 1, 9:20pm
i had the choice of either a VE or FG as a company car, took both cars out on the same run chch to Dunedin and back and found the Falcon a much bettter car in fuel economy,comfort,and load space. ( picked the falcon in the end and ive always been a holden person)
If I was going to buy one id go for the falcon.

jfstyle, Jun 1, 9:24pm
unbeatabull you are talking about the older model mondeo and they got coolant leaks if the coolant bottle was not replaced at five years.we have sold tens/hundreds would be a lie/ of the new shape and brake pad wear is about what you say but so is a commy or falcon at about the same and the rotors last if you fit factory pads. but as to handling the mondeo will handle way better .the real shame is ford have one of the best cars in the world to sell but they dont advertise it because no one will buy a falcon .

gman35, Jun 1, 9:32pm
Maybe they had better start , Europe knows how good it is , because who is buying the Falcon anyway ! (and I'm a Ford person normally , but wouldn't buy some Aussie built thing.)

gman35, Jun 1, 9:41pm
Re: Mondeo etc, most NZ drivers wouldn't know a good chassis setup if they fell over it anyway. Everyone seems happy to drive 4wd boats sitting a metre up.

smac, Jun 1, 10:06pm
Quite frankly on the roads most people drive, with the speed limits what they are, handling over and above something that goes around a corner isa moot point.

unbeatabull, Jun 2, 2:27am
Cause I wouldn't know what I'm talking about, seeing I only work as a technician @ Ford on these cars every friggin day!

Even the new Mondeo's still suffer from water pump/thermostat housing failures, as well as the heater hoses. Falcon brakes don't need attention until 90,000k, with most lasting easily to 120,000k. The mondeo is a nice family car don't get me wrong, but if you want a car that can do more then move the family from point A to B I wouldn't be buying a Mondeo.

Not to mention the latest mondeo's with the powershift are already having a few problems and are not cheap to repair. Its ok now while its still under warranty, but in 3+ years time! Who knows.

noelsgimps, Jun 2, 10:25pm
I sell both models and my boss drives a VE. The FG is a much better drive. The tiptronic is fantastic and can be very rewarding. I like the dash layout too. Very easy to use when you are unfamiliar with it. Good bluetooth too.
The VE seems complicated, doesn't seem to have a very good bluetooth set-up. My boss gets back issues as he regularly travels to Cental Otago and back.
The FG is also cheaper to buy than an equivalent VE by around 3-4000.

elect70, Jun 2, 11:21pm
See the commie isgoing to USA & badged as achevsuper sport .No longer a pontiac-have they dropped the name!.

wasser61, Jun 3, 1:16am
And the cruise control on the FG is also much better than the VE.

franc123, Jun 3, 1:24am
Yes, it was a victim of GM's rationalisations a while back.

carclan, Jun 3, 4:34am
G6E Turbo by far.

vjregal770, Jun 3, 6:54am
Pontiac has been dead a while now.

amberjandal, Jun 3, 10:15am
FG