Where to get aftermarket coils for a33 maxima pls?

daryl14, May 2, 7:52am
She's getting hard to start warm or cold, so I'm wildly guessing coils or battery breaking down.
Will go to auto electrician for a test but if it's just the coils, I'd like to replace myself.
And there I was telling somone Maximas never break down just the other day.

beast9, May 2, 7:54am
when was the last time the plugs and air filter where replaced!

kazbanz, May 2, 7:59am
daryl--sorry dude but coils would be furthur down my list.
Is the car turning over at full speed or slower than normal!
If slower than normal then Id suspect the battery as the first line of atack but also the starter motor.
I agree with beast though--try simple stuff first

mantagsi, May 2, 8:08am
Symptoms of coil failure in these tend to show up as misfires normally, I would follow post #2 and check the basics. When you say hard to start, does it crank fast but takes a while to catch! How does it run when started!

mantagsi, May 2, 8:08am
woops took too long to post, hah

daryl14, May 2, 8:27am
Thanks guys, don't think it misfires or cranks slow. Second hand info from wife. I will drive it to work tomorrow and take into auto electrician. Starts fine for me just now of course. Cold morning start will be interesting.

mantagsi, May 2, 8:29am
I had an A33 cefiro, not a great deal of difference to yours I imagine (VQ30De vs VQ20DE) - the biggest issues I remember with the engine was a) coilpacks causing misfire and b) dirty / faulty sensors which could produce all manner of oddball symptoms. Nissan electrics taste the best, they seem to attract all sorts of little gremlins which cause intermittent issues but rarely complete failure, bit of a PITA

daryl14, May 2, 8:29am
I put new long life plugs and filter in at last service. Did not adjust the gap is the only thing I can think of, as I thought it wasn't needed in these.

daryl14, May 2, 8:31am
Yeah, 320 K's on her now and never had an electrical issue. I guess nows the time the gremlins start to sneak around.

beast9, May 2, 8:32am
one of the taxis i work on used to die randomly it turned out to be one of the two crank angle sensors that was in the last of the a32 start of a33 so that could also be a possibility