Holden acclaim

dyln.sampson, May 4, 9:30am
What do u think about a Holden acclaim 2002! Reliable! If services regularly.

mugenb20b, May 4, 9:46am
Reliable! Yes. But, my god what a boring car, crap quality interior with a sea of grey plastic, bulletproof drivetrain that's decades old.

I'd rather have a 2004 V6 Honda Accord or Nissan Maxima.

likit, May 4, 10:29am
You can't go wrong,I use to own a Nissan Maxima & traded it in years ago for a 2000 VT Berlina,the Holden is alot quieter & smoother than the Nissan,more room,cheaper to run & repair,the Nissans interior is nothing to rave about either,the Honda is just a Nanas car.

mileyfan73, May 4, 11:12am
Commodores fall to pieces while you drive them.if you don't mind that then yes it's a good car.Honda Accord of the same year alot better though.

franc123, May 4, 11:58am
Better at what! While is true Accords are nicely engineered,refined and well put together the advantages stop pretty much there. They are smaller, lighter, not nearly as good with a large load of passengers onboard and don't even think about sticking a 1-2 ton trailer on the back. A V6 one wouldn't be more economical under most conditions and those feeble and silly hondamatic gearboxes that have never really been improved over the years are well known to be not up to the task long term. Oh and they aren't any more exciting than a 'boring' Holden either, if anything less so being the FWD appliance they are. If the OP wants a VX or Y commie there isn't any real reason not to buy one.

snj11, May 4, 5:53pm
Really! I beg to differ, i have a 98 VT Acclaim, its done 315000kms, is lowered a bit on 17inch wheels with a bit of a kit, gets driven hard, tows a loaded car transporter ALOT, and it drives mint, no annnoying rattles, everything is tight, its cheap enough to run around town and amazingly cheap to run on a trip. The only issue i have with it is rear tyre camber wear which these are bad for. Mine made worse by being lowered and towing alot. Good car and alot of car for the money

mugenb20b, May 4, 9:22pm
Yes, Accords' drivetrains are not as sturdy as Commodores', but it's ten times nicer to drive, fantastic chassis and handling. They sit on the road very nicely. Transmissions are weak, but will last well if serviced and not abused.

So, at the end of the day, if you want a workhorse or a two car, get a Holden, if you want a nice cruisy comfortable car, I'd get the V6 Accord.

petemun, May 4, 11:03pm
yes. If your names Irene or Betty

dyln.sampson, May 5, 5:29am
I hate Hondas! Pieces of.Holden wins!

jmma, May 5, 5:55am
Scotty, we missed you (o:

bubbles244, May 5, 6:06am
holden no question, better resale value too.

michelle322, May 5, 8:03am
VX has rear camber adjusters and modifications over the VT.heaps of grunt,good economy for its size,reliable,comfortable,love-
it.

mileyfan73, May 5, 8:36am
Honda Accords are one of the most reliable cars ever made.not sure how far down the list Holden is.so pieces of. they are not.Mines done 383000 and still drives like new.The OP asked how reliable Acclaims are,not what purpose he's using it for.If he's towing boats or caravans then yea,get a Commodore.Reliability.Accord.

treachug, May 5, 9:16am
Only series II VX's had the adjustable camber arms.VX series I's missed out.

xs1100, May 5, 9:53am
go the berlina shouldnt be much more expensive anymore and better speced