Carjam km reading

mr_bond, May 7, 5:07am
Hi, I imported a car from the UK and as it was relatively modern had the odometer switched over from miles to kms.Now on Carjam it shows I have done 13000 kms since registration and importing (done 22000 miles. 35000 kms).

Do you think I should try to fix the LTSA records this is based on and does it matter!

smac, May 7, 5:15am
What makes you think NZTA's records are wrong! Read the notice on Carjam about updates etc.

mr_bond, May 7, 5:19am
Because it had 22000 miles showing when I imported it and when I registered it it had 35000 kilometres - because I had the electronic odometer switched to display kilometres.

Carjam just shows the numbers and states they are kilometres.

smac, May 7, 6:02am
Well see here's the thing - when it was complied, the reading was 35000 yes! So that's what was recorded.

Then when you registered it, they correctly recorded the fact it is in KM (probably by default rather than anyone doing it on purpose). But when you registered it, it was not inspected. SO no new reading obtained.

So the info is kind of correct, in a weird way. Two pieces of information, obtained at different points in time.

Anywho when you get your next WoF it will be correct. And given that you've imported it, I imagine you're keeping it for a while so the only one to care will be you.

kazbanz, May 7, 6:32am
So Carjam shows it as having 22000km!
as smac says if you are keeping it awhile then who cares -it will sort itself out at next wof If you imported it to sell it then it would be a good idea to let ltsa know there was an error km/milesbecause it will come across as dodgy if you dont

mr_bond, May 7, 7:02am
I got it complied and registered today, with 35000 kms.I thought this would be the first time 'the man' saw the odometer reading however putting it into carjam there is also a border check where they note the 22000 miles but carjam is assuming they are kilometres.

Yes I am keeping it a while (wife says 5 years!), I'm just worried about someone looking at the record when I sell it and thinking its wierd.

bitsy_boffin, May 7, 7:22am
Don't think there is much you can do about it, the main thing is that the odo reading is correct now, one would assume you have the import documents etc and can easily show it was 22000 MILES at the border not K's as carjam shows, if anybody questions it.It's a pretty clear error anyway to anybody looking at it.

So, Mr Bond, a DB9 is it!

terckon, May 7, 7:23am
When a vehicle is imported into NZ Maf will inspect it and record the odometer reading (border check) you must have changed the reading over to Kim's after the border check and before compliance check.