Any advice? Re: selling the road trip car

michael.benn, May 7, 8:51am
First time car seller - I'm flicking off the road trip car I mentioned a while back. Is there any advice someone (jazz, kazbanz etc) can give me to help my chances!

Cheers guys :)

stevo2, May 7, 6:16pm
6 photos is not enough, you've paid for 20 so use them.

a.woodrow, May 7, 6:50pm
Yep photos, some of the interior which aren't close up, more shots of exterior, can't see the condition of outside at all. and one of engine for good measure

kazbanz, May 7, 9:24pm
OK mon sorry if it sounds harsh-not intended.
You are selling a CARnot your life story. -Heres how I would do the advert
(put the REAL milage in the milage spot)
Here's the mighty 1992 Holden Barina, in white!
This car has proven to be a fantastically reliable beast that was purchased for a road trip up the north island, I already have another car,soI have no need for this one.
5 digit speedo, so real odometer reading is about 217,000 kms. Interior is in /good condition. Will renew rego for new owner.
It will make a good little runabout
-SUPERBLY economical on gas
-Has some get up and go if you need it
-It's a 5 speed manual (would make a good first car)
-It is the MOST fun car that I've ever driven. Something about it just feels right. Lot's of fun to drive. No power steering so you are really DRIVING the car.
-It has 5 seats and a boot
- The engine is suprisinglygrunty
The Bad:
-The water-pump will need to be replaced quite soon.
-Radiator is not in the best condition but (still holds water)
-Sometimes doesn't like coming out of 2nd gear, .
-Few rust spots around the car (nothing structural.) Has had a ding from previous owner on front right fender.-pleasae look at close up pictures
-Starter motor works intermittently
I Am selling this car as is where is, Please come see it for yourself
CAR IS LOCATED IN GLEN EDEN, WAITAKERE.
Give me a call any time of the day. If I don't answer I'll get back to you later on.

kazbanz, May 7, 9:24pm
OK mon sorry if it sounds harsh-not intended.
You are selling a CARnot your life story. -Heres how I would do the advert
(put the REAL milage in the milage spot)
Here's the mighty 1992 Holden Barina, in white!
This car has proven to be a fantastically reliable beast that was purchased for a road trip up the north island, I already have another car,soI have no need for this one.
5 digit speedo, so real odometer reading is about 217,000 kms. Interior is in /good condition. Will renew rego for new owner.
It will make a good little runabout
-SUPERBLY economical on gas
-Has some get up and go if you need it
-It's a 5 speed manual (would make a good first car)
-It is the MOST fun car that I've ever driven. Something about it just feels right. Lot's of fun to drive. No power steering so you are really DRIVING the car.
-It has 5 seats and a boot
- The engine is suprisinglygrunty
The Bad:
-The water-pump will need to be replaced quite soon.
-Radiator is not in the best condition but (still holds water)
-Sometimes doesn't like coming out of 2nd gear, .
-Some corrosion around the car (nothing structural.) Has had a ding from previous owner on front right fender.-PLEASE look at close up pictures or come see the car "in person"
-Starter motor works intermittently
I Am selling this car as is where is, Please come see it for yourself
CAR IS LOCATED IN GLEN EDEN, WAITAKERE.
Give me a call any time of the day. If I don't answer I'll get back to you later on.

kazbanz, May 7, 9:32pm
Next -again you are selling a car no scenery -a nice backdrop is fine.
Get closer to the car so it fills the frame. start with the rf corner then right side then front on then left corner then left side on then the back of the car. -so at least 6 shots of the outside.
Inside -open up the doors and take a picture of the inside again fill the frame with the interior. Usually I godrivers door hole then bioth right side door holes thens lay the front seats back to show the interior sorta from the drivers pov then open the boot and repeat to the left side.you only need the close up shot of the speedo once. Take one of the engine.thats another 6 shots.
Use the rest to take semi close up shots showing the damage/crrosion you refer to

flybye_in_a_rx7, May 7, 9:37pm
and clean the dam thing - incase no1 mentioned that yet. i used to have a always dirty messy car, i gave it a good clean up, it was funny how many people said, oooh this is a nice tidy car.

spongefrisk, May 8, 1:10am
Hope you are getting a commission Kaz.lol

michael.benn, May 8, 10:58am
Thank you so much Kaz! :) Much appreciated, I'm very grateful for your help and expertise. I'll go take some more pictures tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can't edit the description now because someone's bid, but yeah, thanks :)

Any ideas on what you think it could go for!

a.woodrow, May 8, 11:05am
I predict. $1250

michael.benn, May 8, 11:20am
Wow, even with the leaky waterpump and sometimes unworking starter motor!

a.woodrow, May 8, 11:24am
Yeah, only cos it's a small poo box. sadly people pay silly money for them cos they are cheapish to run. The faults wouldn't worry a lot of people, if I was buying it I could fit a new waterpump and starter for probably less than $100, they are easy as to work on. So don't think the faults will put people off much. come back when it's sold and tell me how close I was

michael.benn, May 8, 11:32am
Well yeah originally that was my plan (fit the new waterpump) and then use it as a daily hack but literally have no spare time between study and work in the weekends so won't get a chance to do it. Starter motor doesn't bother me so much, kinda gives it some character imo :P It's a bit like a lucky dip haha.