Boat experts

pollymay, May 13, 1:50am
Looking to sell this on TM, deceased estate, kind of a heap but an alright trailer with winch n rollers so someone might be able to use it but can't figure out what it is. Looked all over it, bolt on canopy thing, 16ft-ish at a guess. Anyone got a clue!

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/328FTW/Random/023.jpg http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/328FTW/Random/025.jpg

It's had a transom repair at some stage. If no one is certain then no loss will list it as a generic fibreglass boat with trailer.

sandndude, May 13, 2:17am
She looks like a bit of a drowning machine with the transom repair.

newtec1, May 13, 3:08am
When will you list it.!

aliru, May 13, 3:13am
try a sea nymph v14.6 maybe ,had 1 a while ago and it looks similar

countrypete, May 13, 3:24am
Definitely not a sea nymph as that has a gull wing hull.That boat is a 13'6" Clydecraft, Steadecraft or possibly Viking Spirit early '70's.

pollymay, May 13, 4:24am
Thanks for that pete. I'm not entirely that good with old boats.

Make no mistake I know it's not a pearler but we're having a cleanup and getting rid of some stuff and this has escaped being dumped cause duckshooters like things like this for the river. I was thinking of either listing it tomorrow maybe! I just want it gone really, it was my uncles and he died of an asthma attack. Plus wouldn't mind some buying a box so I can have a drink while sanding down the 63 :)

newtec1, May 13, 7:28am
Def not sea Nymph or viking spirit, Looks more like steadcraft or Clydecraft

newtec1, May 13, 7:30am
Crikey did you use yours with dark glasses,it looks nothing like a sea Nymph v14.6.They had no planing strakes,and a gull wing,with the bow slightly flared.

neville48, May 13, 7:35am
Wow that transom repair looks bad and before you sell it I might be tempted to get a manufacturer to have a wee peep as to its integrity. Even from here it does not look good and I'm in Levin. PS; It does look like a Steadcraft, Clydecraft in Paraparaumu used that hull with a few mods for a plug back in early 70's methinks, we called it the barge because of its slab looks and boring handling but in saying that it was a cheap boat with a 20HP on it.

pollymay, May 13, 7:47am
It's the kind of thing you tie up as a floater on the river. It's mostly the thing has a trailer with winch etc that isn't rusted through which someone could use to replace their rusted out heap or whatever. However I don't want to be stuck with some old boat with no trailer if they were separated if that's even what the buyer wanted. I didn't buy the boat, it was in use at one point but my uncle is a little too deceased to ask questions about it, I have it, want it gone and that's about it.

gmphil, May 13, 8:40am
I GIVE YA BOX FOR IT