What does this noise mean?

datoofairy, May 10, 8:51am
I suspect I am about to be told off for posting such vague information but I dont know how to describe it properly.
Lately I have noticed my car, a Toyota Corolla, making a weird gurgling noise. It sounds like a liquidy gurgle and it doesnt do it all the time.I have been trying to take note of when it happens, and I think it mainly happens when the car is cold.
Anyone care to take a stab at what it might be!

unbeatabull, May 10, 8:52am
Does it sound like its inside the car, maybe around the dash somewhere! Probably related to your heaterbox/piping etc. Would be hard to correctly diagnose without actually seeing the car though

datoofairy, May 10, 8:54am
I guess it could be from around the dash area.I can certainly hear it pretty clearly.I did wonder if it is coming more from the right side of the motor than the left, but that may be my imagination or better hearing on that side, who knows.
I did stop at a garage the other day and spoke to a mechanic but it wouldnt do it when he hopped in and revved the motor and I think he thought I was a bit strange.lol

unbeatabull, May 10, 8:56am
Does it sound like its from in the car though or outside/under the bonnet! If it's a pretty clear sound from inside the car I'd say it would most likely be coming from that area

steve312, May 10, 8:58am
Sounds like an air lock in the heater system.Is the radiator full!

datoofairy, May 10, 9:00am
Would that be why the heater sometimes, but not always smells musty!
Last weekend the radiator was emptied, had flush stuff put in it, then refilled with antifreeze added.I checked the water level on Monday and Wed and it was full.It was doing this before last weekend and since then too.
I will listen more intently tomorrow and try to better pinpoint its exact location.

mantagsi, May 10, 9:02am
Sometimes the air con can make a gentle gurgling noise, can be pretty odd!

datoofairy, May 10, 9:09am
Dear Frankie,

If you found any battery operated equipment in a bedside draw, I can assure you it wasnt my house.
As for operating a video camera while driving, now thats just asking to cause an accident. How do you expect me to hold the steering wheel, a camera and my cell phone with only 2 hands!

Love from Toofie.

flat_white_ltd, May 10, 9:12am
gettin' a little, ermmm, metero round here, innit !

unbeatabull, May 10, 9:12am
Knowing the coolant has just been done, I'd be guessing the system hasn't been bled up properly and as someone else said has an air lock in it. Yes will also affect heater performance + smell in some cases.

Though I know some cars are shocking for it, almost every Subaru I've been a passenger in always seems to have this.

jmma, May 10, 9:14am
Would appear they are not wanted elsewhere (o:

m16d, May 10, 9:14am
You've got a 2 litre bottle of coke under the seat thats half full.

datoofairy, May 10, 9:17am
Even though it was doing it before the coolant was done!I guess its possible it had an airlock in it before and another one after.
So my next question,is an airlock a problem for any other reason than just causing the noise!Should I take it to a garage and ask them to fix it!The friend who did put the new antifreeze in for me isnt hugely mechanically minded.

datoofairy, May 10, 9:18am
lol, no, I would never waste good Coke like that. Also, my car is spotless :o)

unbeatabull, May 10, 9:24am
Possibly could still be the cause, otherwise could be something wrong with the heater system itself, like a blockage or restriction, or could be something completely different.

Wouldn't hurt to get it checked by a mechanic, check all the vitals etc and if they can't fault anything I wouldn't get tooo worried about it, as long as your car isn't overheating/using water/oil etc and heater/Air Con all works fine, just turn the radio up .

datoofairy, May 10, 9:27am
Thanks very much.It will be going to get a cv done in a couple of weeks so I will just keep an eye on everything for now and mention it the mechanic then.
I appreciate everyone's input. Have a great night all :o)

datoofairy, May 10, 9:28am
Great stuff!Definitely not my house then sorry ;o)

tmenz, May 10, 9:44am
Your power steering fluid is low - top it up.