Help please. My 97 nissan navara is running realy rough like when im at idle it sometimes stalls or sits between 0 and 1000 revs

smilie4, May 8, 10:50am
my 97 nissan navara is running realy rough. like when im at idle it sometimes stalls or sits between 0 and 1000 revs. would it be just a case of it needing a tune or would it be something else!

40wav, May 8, 7:25pm
A tune would be a good start, but those on here who can really help you will need more info. Petrol or diesel! Year!Engine size etc etc! Post that and see what you get. Good Luck.

smilie4, May 8, 9:42pm
Ok it's a 1997 petrol, 2.4. What else would you need!

fryan1962, May 8, 9:45pm
just a tune, as it is the best starting point

i-n-horz, May 8, 10:04pm
Could be any number of things.if you pop the bonnet and don't have a true grasp on what your looking at then it may be best to have someone with mechanical know-how check it out.
In saying that.I'm not mechanically minded myself so the first thing I would look for would be any little black hoses that are detached or electrical plug-ins unplugged, spark plug leads firmly in position, air cleaner/filter not restricted or blocked as with the fuel filter.
Caution: do not remove the sump to check the spark plugs.you won't see them,there's all this metal,mechanical shit in the way.

tonyrockyhorror, May 8, 10:13pm
Wow, you really aren't mechanically minded! Everyone knows you have to take the sump right off and remove the big end journals and pistons to inspect spark plugs!

40wav, May 9, 5:54am
Even then I usually snap the electrodes off trying to unwind them with long nose pliers. Why do they make those cylinders so deep! If they were only 20 or 30mm it would be much easier!

mark.52, May 9, 5:58am
Surely there's a tool that's able to get up through the cylinders and clean, gap (or if necessary, remove) the plugs without damaging the electrode!

i-n-horz, May 9, 7:45am
My shed is small so I have to keep my tools fairly compact.think I might have the mechanism that's needed for the internal removal of the spark thingy-ma-jiggy.
http://blogs.wroq.com/files/2010/12/Wegnercompleteswissarmyknife.jpg

gammelvind, May 9, 7:58am
Damn, a swiss army knife thats bigger than mine, I want one!