Navara STX or Mitzi GLS?

tin, Jun 19, 6:44am
Looking at buying a new Double cab 4x4 deisel ute. Looking at either a Nissan Navara STX 450 or a Mitsubishi Triton GLS .Also liked the ranger/BT50 but didnt look as good on the safety side, any thoughts!

mugenb20b, Jun 19, 6:57am
Rangers / BT 50s are good trucks. They all have ABS and airbags, what other safety features are you after!

tin, Jun 19, 7:22am
The nissan and mitzi both had curtain airbags and ESP as well as a couple of other small features. I quite like the ford/mazdas my current one is a 2004 courier but we have kids now so the safety thing is quite important

mugenb20b, Jun 19, 7:24am
Fair enough. Sorry, I don't know much about Navaras, but Mitsis seem to be OK so far.

tin, Jun 19, 7:28am
Thanks for that.Yes I know what you mean by 'so far' on the mitzi

bae13, Jun 19, 7:33am
have had a triton since xmas, towed car to meremere drag strip a few times from wellington, easily does 110kmph up mangaweka hill, (yes speeding and towing) i highly reccomend the triton

zephyrheaven, Jun 19, 8:04am
stx = big the ranger etc are quite small, if you like any kind of elbow room go for the nissan

jason18, Jun 19, 8:05am
I like the Nissan look tough.Real mans ute haha

tin, Jun 19, 8:06am
Thanks Ive got a mate who a new triton and he is happy with his as well, havent heard much about the STX 450 though

tin, Jul 2, 5:11pm
The nissan costs about 5K more on the road is it worth it!