Nissan Navara gearbox

jac42, Jul 28, 2:30am
I am looking for a gearbox for a diesel 1989 4x4 Nissan Navara D21. Dies anyone have one or know of anyone who is wrecking one please.

rob_man, Jul 28, 2:42am
Good luck with that, a Terrano one will do the job as well.

andy61, Jul 28, 2:53am
Can you get the current gearbox reconditioned?,if you can get a second hand gearbox,its more than likely on its last legs unless its already been reconditioned. Good luck finding a good s/h gearbox.

bigmacca, Jul 28, 5:48am
just buy a reconditioned gbox. if its done by a reputable outfit then it should have the heavy duty bearings fitted and wont give you any trouble. a 2nd hand one is maybe $500/800 and most will be getting worn. Ive been down this very same track and its just not worth the hassle of buying someone elses clapped out gbox.

jac42, Jul 28, 6:41am
Boxes we had found so far are around 1200. Just wondering what was out there.

tweake, Jul 28, 7:38am
of course watch the oil fill problem with those. some of the those boxes requiring filling from the gear lever location as the top bung is to low.

melonhead1, Jul 28, 8:01am
Get it reconditioned. It will basically be as good as new.

goron56, Dec 7, 9:17am
I had gearbox issues with my Terrano years ago,,,i managed to find a 1999 navara box 2nd hand in good nick on trademe and checked it out for fitting,i was surprised to find that they fit straight up to the td27 as the qd navara engine is the same block,all i had to do was slot the crossmenber holes about 1/2". ,swap speedo drives. shorten the drtive shaft 1/2". done. that was years ago.it is still towing boats an caravans,,ive had it for 13 years been a great wagon. not the most powerful but super reliable.