How to open a Nissan Navara ST-X?

tegretol, Oct 8, 11:46pm
So the vehicle has stood un-used for 6 weeks under cover.

Today came to open it but seems that the battery is flat as the bloody dash-cam was left plugged in. Def not the key as the spare also doesn't work and replaced the coin battery in one to no avail.

The question is how does one get into the vehicle to get the bonet open to charge the battery? There is not a manual key option on any part of the vehicle other than the fuel cap.

rbd, Oct 8, 11:49pm
Is there a key hidden in the fob? You can probably expose a keyhole on the drivers door handle somehow.

tegretol, Oct 8, 11:51pm
Yes the key/fob for the ignition are all one. But there certainly ain't a keyhole anywhere around the doors or handles.

tegretol, Oct 9, 12:09am
There is a You Tube that shows the passengers handle as having a removable cover under which is a keyhole. No door on my vehicle has anything inder the removable cover. Might have to cut a hole in the bonet to get the charger leads onto the battery.

aoc1, Oct 9, 12:17am
Call a locksmith before you cut a hole. There should be a little chrome piece that's removable next to the door handle.

tegretol, Oct 9, 12:24am
There definately is not any external keyhole. What would a locksmith do?

Can't even hook a wire down the window as the locking levers are electrical.

Tis a weird design issue.

aoc1, Oct 9, 12:31am
https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/7kixn-navara-dead-battery-2011-nissan-navara-locked.html

This had a good suggestion jacking up the car and charging the battery.

macman26, Oct 9, 5:07am
I thought I saw somewhere some cars have a power jack point for this. Also most keyless entry cars have a hidden key slot. I would call a mechanic or Nissan first.

couger3, Oct 9, 6:21am

tegretol, Oct 9, 10:53am
Thanks. Yep saw that, no lock under any of the handle caps on my vehicle.

tegretol, Oct 9, 10:55am
Yep - how dumb can one be? That is the simple answer and have now got the charger working. Just looked at another two of these vehicles, neither have a lock under the handle caps as per that YouTube one.

Many thanks - the obvious solutions are usually the simplest ones!

aoc1, Oct 9, 11:07am
Your Welcome :)

carclan, Oct 9, 11:57am
I checked mine and under the left hand side front door handle is a key lock.

a.woodrow, Dec 29, 4:54pm
Yep remove the passengers door handle escutcheon (that's what it is called) and all is revealed. That's the little part of the door handle that doesn't move when you pull on the handle

Edited- I see you said no lock, this usually means someone has fitted an aftermarket handle and deleted the lock mech