Headlights, indicators, and general road courtesy!

knobbit, Apr 12, 11:18am
Ok now many of you have either been guilty of it or.know what I am talking about.Driving around at night with no lights on or if they do have them on they are turned on to high beam. It becomes a hazard to all road users and puts forward a unnecessary danger to other road users and pedestrians. Indicators.come on how hard is to move your finger a few inches forward and then down or up! Stop being so damn lazy! NZ prides itself on being a friendly nation but nowadays it is not the case. Too many arrogant drivers now out there. I am getting sick of attending to accidents or helping out because some moron was an incompetent driver. No reason for it to be happening people!

johnf_456, Apr 12, 11:22am
I honestly see where you are coming from but venting on a messageboard wront achieve much.

knobbit, Apr 12, 11:29am
I know but I hope in vain others might take notice as they generally do not realise it until it is put in front of them.

thunderbolt, Apr 12, 11:47am
Good points there knobbit.
Although I usually only forget to turn my lights on when I have been drinking.

tshop, Apr 12, 11:52am
Speaking of going blind, its those blue Xon bulbs that will cause the next post easter head on accident 4 sure.

socram, Apr 13, 2:13am
Although venting on a message board (often to the converted) doesn't achieve much, there are always passing onlookers who may just read it, or maybe it will be discussed amongst non followers at a BBQ.Better these moans are aired on here than not at all.

I am sure some of you have idly wandered into other boards now and again to see what is going on!

richardmayes, Apr 13, 3:26am
It's unbelievable eh.

Most cars have a big, glaring blue light on the dashboard to let you know you have your high beams going. you can't easily miss it.

And even if there are streetlights illuminating the road, most cars' instrument panels are pitch black and totally unreadable in the dark until you switch your lights on.

.So it's quite frightening to consider just how un-observant these people must be, to manage to drive around without realising their lights aren't right.

learner2, Apr 13, 4:05am
Like a certain dickhead car pulled over to talk to a local local taxi driver in Stratford here in Taranaki, parked on the side of the road with his lights dipped.but had floodlights on the top of his car going on full.

gammelvind, Apr 13, 5:09am
Venting is good, but I think you can assume that those that come here on the motoring boards like driving, more likely to find more morons on general maybe a hotspot would be parenting lol

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 5:45am
Yes it will. It will make you feel better. Nothing wrong with venting your spleen once in a while.

socram, Apr 13, 6:39am
I don't think I have ever dared venture into parenting - or general.

skin1235, Apr 13, 7:23am
general are pussies, soft, cuddly and have claws on occasions, parenting is just plain feral

n1smo_gtir, Apr 13, 7:54am
Indicators nt as annoying as those that drive after sun has long gone with no headlights on.hope the bus missed them and swipe their car out and insurance nt paying out cos they failed to follow the road rule and apply common sense. Alot of them you give em a quick flash of full beam n they still dont register. Perhaps the law need to change to make it compulsory to have head lights on while engine running.

pollymay, Apr 13, 8:27am
It's not the bulbs, it's the housings. You can run very bright lights but they have to be aimed right in the correct housing. Personally I run quad headlights with a halogen lowbeam (standard yellow bulb) and HID highbeams with a 90mm projector housing with the correct cutoffs.

It keeps my dips reasonable but my high beam quite powerful, I can actually see on country roads.

p_rock, Apr 13, 8:28am
lol, nice.

johnf_456, Apr 13, 8:36am
Yeah for you but for everyone else.